Idaho Student Murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho Student Murders

As you all know, the FBI tracked and arrested the suspect of the horrific University of Idaho student murder case last week. Turns out he's from this area (whoopee!) and he's being held in the Monroe County Correctional Facility, which is about 15 minutes from here. He also went to Pleasant Valley HS -- which is our rival school in athletics -- and worked there as a security guard afterwards. He also went to Monroe County Technical Institute, which is a vocational school literally less than 5 minutes from my house.

That said, the suspect is a criminology PhD student at Washington State University. Although no motives have been revealed, it seems strange that this guy would throw away his entire future, which he seemingly worked very hard for, unlike your typical dead-end criminal lowlife. But furthermore, it seems to me that he was so immersed in his studies -- and it was revealed that he posted on Reddit asking about experiences as a criminal --that he wanted to "feel" like his subjects. That could be totally wrong, but I'm getting that sense (BTW, I'm no detective).

Let's hope justice prevails and the families of the victims find some solace.

Glad they caught that sick bastard. He definitely had serial killer potential.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It was some really good police detective work to catch him.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        As you all know, the FBI tracked and arrested the suspect of the horrific University of Idaho student murder case last week. Turns out he's from this area (whoopee!) and he's being held in the Monroe County Correctional Facility, which is about 15 minutes from here. He also went to Pleasant Valley HS -- which is our rival school in athletics -- and worked there as a security guard afterwards. He also went to Monroe County Technical Institute, which is a vocational school literally less than 5 minutes from my house.

That said, the suspect is a criminology PhD student at Washington State University. Although no motives have been revealed, it seems strange that this guy would throw away his entire future, which he seemingly worked very hard for, unlike your typical dead-end criminal lowlife. But furthermore, it seems to me that he was so immersed in his studies -- and it was revealed that he posted on Reddit asking about experiences as a criminal --that he wanted to "feel" like his subjects. That could be totally wrong, but I'm getting that sense (BTW, I'm no detective).

Let's hope justice prevails and the families of the victims find some solace.
        There are a lot of criminal lowlifes that have been educated and work very hard. Some sell weapons illegally, some deal narcotics, some commit fraud, some practice medicine, some practice law, some traffic children and/or adults, some are politicians, etc. Money, means and connections can help people avoid scrutiny and prosecution…while less financially advantaged criminals tend to be demonized. We do not have a desire to understand why they committed their crimes and chalk it up to wanting to “feel” like their subjects…we just label them as bad/evil/no good/lowlifes and keep moving.

Note this is not aimed specifically at you, Revo…just a commentary on the way society tends to label and rationalize behaviors based on backgrounds.
        Last edited by ThatRogue; 01-23-2023, 07:20 AM. Reason: Autocorrect changed a word that I intended to use
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Glad they caught that sick bastard. He definitely had serial killer potential.
          At the very least, he appeared to have some sociopathic indicators: https://apple.news/AtMUpNHl6Rj2q96H9Jzz3Cw
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

The accused killer followed each of the three female victims on Instagram and repeatedly sent one of them DMs, to which she never responded -- possibly, it was noted, because it went into her "message requests," implying that she did not follow him back.

He also apparently ate at the Greek restaurant where two of them worked as waitresses.

One ex-FBI investigator said he likely has "incel complex," which is a nice way of saying he couldn't get laid and was repeatedly ignored by women.

Starting to seem like he was stalking them, probably even without their knowledge.

Comment

The thing about incels that I cannot wrap my head around is their standards. A lot of self-described incels could totally find someone if they didn't expect/assume that someone higher up than them on the desirability chart should toss aside the objectively more attractive, fit, charming wealthy people who want them for the less attrative, out of shape, awkward, and/or poorly employed people that they are. That isn't meant to be a value judment on someone's character or their worth as people, but in finding a sexual partner, the reality is that not everyone is the same catch. If most of these people just opened themselves up to engaging and accepting others on their level of desirability, a lot of them could have relationships, and both they and their partners would have someone. But they have distorted views of themselves and who should desire them.

Comment

Working...
              X