Fishing Deep Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Deep Water

These SP have ADP outside the top 300. Rank and give comments.

If you get control through 2025 does it change?

Braxton Garrett
    Hayden Wesneski
    Justin Steele *
    Brayan Bello
    Garrett Whitlock *
    David Peterson
    Luis Ortiz
    Alex Wood
    José Suarez
    DL Hall
    Ryne Nelson
    Daniel Espino
    Hunter Brown
    Jhoan Duran
    Nate Pearson

* Now in the top 300 ADP.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-30-2022, 09:21 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

steele jumps out as "doesnt belong." He should be ranked higher than all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      steele jumps out as "doesnt belong." He should be ranked higher than all of them.
      Good catch. The ADP was dated.

Using just December drafts both Steele and Whitlock jumped well into the top 300, #274 and #275 respectively.

Which pitchers gain value if you look for three seasons?
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Loving some Hunter Brown. One opening away from the starting rotation. His ADP will leap up if they move Urquidy or one of the other starters.

I hope he got to pick Verlander's brain while he had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Loving some Hunter Brown. One opening away from the starting rotation. His ADP will leap up if they move Urquidy or one of the other starters.

I hope he got to pick Verlander's brain while he had the chance.
          HB and two of the others were in a Paul Sporer article on SP with no rotation spot. If you believe in drafting the skills not the role, these guys are for you. I should note that one of the three, Wesneski, snuck into the top 300.
          Despite not currently holding a rotation spot, these four starters could be gems in 2023…
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            HB and two of the others were in a Paul Sporer article on SP with no rotation spot. If you believe in drafting the skills not the role, these guys are for you. I should note that one of the three, Wesneski, snuck into the top 300.
            https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/4-sixt...great-in-2023/
            In drafts since Dec 14, Brown ADP is 261.

Comment

Another strong vote for Hunter Brown who I took in the 16th round of an ongoing Draft Champions right now. This time last year Cristian Javier didn’t have a rotation spot either.

Comment

In drafts since Dec 14, Brown ADP is 261.
                I am using Draft Champions at NFC. Since 14 December there are only two drafts and the ADP is #273. Still, the trend is up.

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                Another strong vote for Hunter Brown who I took in the 16th round of an ongoing Draft Champions right now. This time last year Cristian Javier didn't have a rotation spot either.
                What are your takes on Garrett Whitlock and Hayden Wesneski, the other two who have moved above #300?
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Whitlock is a poster boy for "dont do draft champions too early" lol
                  I mean there's pretty much nobody who knows how he will be used at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Whitlock is a poster boy for "dont do draft champions too early" lol
                    I mean there's pretty much nobody who knows how he will be used at this point.
                    That's true of almost all of these guys including Wesneski.
                    This is from RotoGraphs.
                    With the recent news that the 26-year-old righty will be in the Red Sox rotation, I decided to take a look since his ADP is just at 300.

There is a reason he moves between the two roles last season was that he didn’t perform as well as a starter (4.15 ERA, 8.8 K/9, 1.26 WHIP) versus relieving (2.75 ERA. 10.1 K/9, 0.79 WHIP). His starting ERA could regress downward with his ERA estimators in the 3.50 range. He has the arsenal to be a starter with a non-sinking sinker (11% SwStr%, 40 GB%) and two average or better non-fastballs, a change (14% SwStr%, 40% GB%) and a slider (23% SwStr%, 47% GB%).

If he's throwing mid-90s, where do you think he winds up?
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

With the addition of Kenley to the Red Sox pen I fully expect Whitlock to begin the year in the rotation. They wanted to last year but per various reports I've seen they appear to be more committed this year.

Brown and Wesneski are strong bets to join the rotation either out of the gates or shortly after. Brown has stud vibes and paired with being on the Astros is the stronger of the two plays.

Comment

With the addition of Kenley to the Red Sox pen I fully expect Whitlock to begin the year in the rotation. They wanted to last year but per various reports I've seen they appear to be more committed this year.

Brown and Wesneski are strong bets to join the rotation either out of the gates or shortly after. Brown has stud vibes and paired with being on the Astros is the stronger of the two plays.
                        That's the point of this thread. There are SP who are available later than their skills merit because of the uncertainty about their role. Wesneski, Whitlock, and particularly Brown are perceived as more likely than some of the others.

Discounting those three, who do you like going into the next couple of years?
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          That's the point of this thread.
                          Darn it I came here hoping to see a thread about fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            When I saw you posted in this thread I was coming in here to suggest this very thing. You beat me to it. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              If trying to find useful SP after #300 isn't fishing, what is?
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X