Keeper league question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper league question

Do you use ADP, redraft rankings, dynasty rankings, or some combination?
    If a combination, how do you blend them?

Obviously, league size and its specific rules are going to matter a lot. Still, there are ought to be some general principles

In my own case, it's a large-ish league, 16 teams rostering 480 players plus the IL at any given time. Each team has three mandatory keepers and an optional fourth. These players have no restrictions. The draft actually starts in round #4.

For the rest, there is a complex option system based on the acquisition round and tenure on a roster. For example, Juan Soto was drafted in 2018, in the 30th round. It was the best pick in league history. In 2019 his option was a 26th-round pick, then successively 22nd-round, 18th-round, and 14th-round so that next March his option costs a 10th-round pick.

For the keepers, I use dynasty rankings. If they are not top 100 in dynasty then they aren't worth the slot cost. After those are set, the dynasty sheet goes on the shelf for a long while. The early part of the actual draft is all about immediate utility. Rounds #10-#17 are where WW pickups get slotted. It's normal for two or more rounds to have fewer than four actual picks. By round #15 future value begins to have weight again but it does not start to dominate until round #20 or later. At that point well over 300 players are off the board. The last 100 players taken are almost always more about stashing than using though it is a good place to get a C or fill out the bullpen.

What about your league?
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude
Working...
X