Sb 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sb 2023

I'm wondering what the expected impact on SB should be from the rule changes regarding pickoff attempts and larger bases in 2023.

Assuming a meaningful increase in number of attempts and successful attempts, which kind of players should see the biggest bump?

Would you expect it to be:

a) those who normally have a high volume of attempts but bad caught stealing %

b) strong sprinters who have had relatively low attempts

c) all the burners

d) middle tier sprinters who presumably will attempt more now

e) generally equal for everyone

Is there some data from minor league trials that points to any of these or something else?

Any thoughts on this? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what to expect. Or maybe it's just an exercise in futility until we see how it plays out.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the 2 disengagement rule. So after two pickoffs/stepoffs can the runner then take a 40-foot lead? If so, yeah there's going to be a buttload more SBs than last year.

ETA: OK i missed a key part that they can make a third pickoff but it has to be successful or else the runner gets the base for free.
    Last edited by Pauly; 11-30-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      ETA: OK i missed a key part that they can make a third pickoff but it has to be successful or else the runner gets the base for free.
      Will that count as a SB if that happens or is it basically like a balk?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Will that count as a SB if that happens or is it basically like a balk?
        Balk if there is an unsuccessful throw to first on the 3rd attempt.

Comment

Working...
        X