Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving 2022

Another Thanksgiving is upon us.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm flying down to the coast tonight and plan to get a couple days of fishing in hopefully!!

Comment

Spending time at GOP headquarters (aka my in-laws house). Kicked off the festivities with the herschel walker rally on fox last night. Joy to the season

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Spending time at GOP headquarters (aka my in-laws house). Kicked off the festivities with the herschel walker rally on fox last night. Joy to the season
        You poor, poor man. I don't know why family that know there are disagreements about politics choose to push it during the holidays. It should be a time of joy and togetherness.

Comment

One of our traditions is to watch the Macey's Parade before leaving for the drive to Wisconsin. This year Mrs. Gregg and I were particularly impressed with the Lion King performance.

Jaw dropping costumes made me hit the remote pause button. We spent the next half hour trying to get tickets to the Chicago performance. Score!! We are going Dec.1st at 7:30. Mrs. Gregg is very happy. I have to admit I am pretty excited too.

When we were trying to get the tickets a pop up popped up and said 77 people were on line at that moment. I wonder if they were influenced by the parade as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            If i were faced with such a scenario, i would have no problem burying my face in my smart phone to make my lack of interest in their choice of entertainment obvious. And then i would ask their opinion of fantasy football trade proposals that i was considering.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who can tolerate it!
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I'm flying down to the coast tonight and plan to get a couple days of fishing in hopefully!!
                Went out on my kayak on Friday night and Saturday night.

Friday night used a popping cork, caught one trout that looked like it was probably keeper size but threw it back, then caught one small red, too small to keep.

Saturday night switched it up to free-lining shrimp inching them across the bottom. That was the trick. Caught 4 reds, one was 23'', two others at 20'', one too small. A 5th red was a monster, I fought him for a minute then the line broke. I think I had 8lb test on which is too light if I run into one of the big ones.

Filet'd out the 3 keepers and gave them to my wife's grandparents who live there full time.

Overall, had a great time fishing.

Comment

Went out on my kayak on Friday night and Saturday night.

Friday night used a popping cork, caught one trout that looked like it was probably keeper size but threw it back, then caught one small red, too small to keep.

Saturday night switched it up to free-lining shrimp inching them across the bottom. That was the trick. Caught 4 reds, one was 23'', two others at 20'', one too small. A 5th red was a monster, I fought him for a minute then the line broke. I think I had 8lb test on which is too light if I run into one of the big ones.

Filet'd out the 3 keepers and gave them to my wife's grandparents who live there full time.

Overall, had a great time fishing.
                  Awesome! Glad you got to go fishing and glad you got to go catching too!

Comment

Was all ready last weekend to host Thanksgiving for 14, but then my niece came down with an attack of pneumonia and my brother asked if we could move outside so she wouldn't have to deal with her cat allergies. Pivoted to outside, prepped the yard and deck, strung some lights, got all new thanksgiving paper plates and napkins (I had suggested we use the 4th of july ones we had, but RJEL wife wasn't going for it). Threw thanksgiving, then had everyone back over (cousin's in from the bay) on friday afternoon for leftover-lunch. Saturday was the day of rest, and then Sunday I worked at the soup kitchen prepping food for 40.

Happy to be back at work so I can chill a bit.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Was all ready last weekend to host Thanksgiving for 14, but then my niece came down with an attack of pneumonia and my brother asked if we could move outside so she wouldn't have to deal with her cat allergies. Pivoted to outside, prepped the yard and deck, strung some lights, got all new thanksgiving paper plates and napkins (I had suggested we use the 4th of july ones we had, but RJEL wife wasn't going for it). Threw thanksgiving, then had everyone back over (cousin's in from the bay) on friday afternoon for leftover-lunch. Saturday was the day of rest, and then Sunday I worked at the soup kitchen prepping food for 40.

Happy to be back at work so I can chill a bit.
                      Nice! That sounds like a successful Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

I developed a bad flu Thanksgiving Day. I'm still very much sick, but better than I was. The only "good" part was that instead of gaining weight like I epected, I have lost three pounds since Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I developed a bad flu Thanksgiving Day. I'm still very much sick, but better than I was. The only "good" part was that instead of gaining weight like I epected, I have lost three pounds since Thursday.
                          Yikes! Sorry to read this. Hope you feel better soon.

My oldest daughter came down with this yesterday She has it bad. One of my good buddies just texted and said he won't be at our weekly meeting to night bad case of the flu.

Comment

Oof. Sorry to hear that SM. Hope you feel better.

Seems like there are more large scale cases of the flu this year than we used to have. About a month ago a strain went through Texas - every local family I knew had at least 1 person get it. Half the Texas A&M football team got it

Comment

Nice! That sounds like a successful Thanksgiving weekend.
                              Successful yes, relaxing, no. I think everyone else had a good time, but I had little time to hang with everyone. Once things settled Thursday night and the kids went back to my brother's place, the rest of us hung out by the fire pit and chatted. That was a good time. This is why Jen and I alternate throwing a big dinner and skipping off to Cabo/Hawaii together every other year.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X