Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Both Chris Christie & Mike Pence make it official
    Both have about as good a chance of getting the nomination as I do. The idea that Pence especially would want to subject himself and his family to the exposure, ridicule, and threats this will entail is perplexing. There is zero chance it pays off.

Comment

So far the only ones running for the GOP nod who I don't find wretched and deplorable are Tim Scott and Chris Christie.

Comment

So far the only ones running for the GOP nod who I don't find wretched and deplorable are Tim Scott and Chris Christie.
        Leaving aside policy for the moment (where I probably find Christie more palatable) and just grading on personal character, statesmanship, and leadership ability, I'd have Chris Christie down pretty low on the totem pole, in the Mike Pence range, where at some point in their lives, they may have had a passing acquaintance with character and integrity. Of course you have to go through 50 feet of shit below that to find Ron DeSantis and eventually Donald Trump.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Leaving aside policy for the moment (where I probably find Christie more palatable) and just grading on personal character, statesmanship, and leadership ability, I'd have Chris Christie down pretty low on the totem pole, in the Mike Pence range, where at some point in their lives, they may have had a passing acquaintance with character and integrity. Of course you have to go through 50 feet of shit below that to find Ron DeSantis and eventually Donald Trump.
          LOL, probably true. His George Washington Bridge stunt is certainly dastardly, but overall, I think he was a pretty good and fair governor. I like Scott because he already called out TFG and from a character point of view, he's top notch. I'd like to see Sununu enter the race.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            please, can we stop with the septuagenarians? I'm 55 and worried I'd be unemployable if I lost my job... but 70 seems like a requirement to run the country.
            The Republicans may have a new charismatic rising star who is only 38 years old in Vivak Ramaswamy. He is already courting the Trump base by promising a pardon for Donnie. So far, he's been shunning the super PACs and running a grassroots campaign. Sound familiar? I hate to say it but Vivak could be a sleeper in 2024.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Meatball Ron is doing everything he can to derail his campaign. His latest, ordering Florida schools to say slavery provided African-Americans with essential life skills is pretty much a blow he won't be able to come back from.

Comment

Meatball Ron is doing everything he can to derail his campaign. His latest, ordering Florida schools to say slavery provided African-Americans with essential life skills is pretty much a blow he won't be able to come back from.
                Unfortunately, about 70 million voters won't see anything wrong with his behavior.
                Last edited by madducks; 08-03-2023, 08:04 AM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

The Republicans may have a new charismatic rising star who is only 38 years old in Vivak Ramaswamy. He is already courting the Trump base by promising a pardon for Donnie. So far, he's been shunning the super PACs and running a grassroots campaign. Sound familiar? I hate to say it but Vivak could be a sleeper in 2024.
                  Ok, maybe he's not a rising star lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Trump has scheduled a visit to the United Auto Workers picket line in Michigan on Wednesday. So Biden one upped him by making an unscheduled visit there today (Tuesday). I'm starting to feel like the Bill Murray character in the movie "Ground Hog Day".

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Trump has scheduled a visit to the United Auto Workers picket line in Michigan on Wednesday. So Biden one upped him by making an unscheduled visit there today (Tuesday). I'm starting to feel like the Bill Murray character in the movie "Ground Hog Day".
                      Trump is planning his visit to a non-union shop, during a strike. It is not going over well with the union. It seems like a strategic blunder and a contrast to Biden's visit to the picket line.

Comment

The total mess that is the Republican party just ousted Kevin McCarthy as speaker of the house, with no plan or alternates.

Comment

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. now says he will run as a third-party candidate.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. now says he will run as a third-party candidate.​
                            Could be big if he sticks around the whole way. It is so early I am deciding not to worry about it yet.

Comment

Former Dodger great Steve Garvey has announced he will run for the Senate seat in California, as a Republican.

Comment

Former Dodger great Steve Garvey has announced he will run for the Senate seat in California, as a Republican.
                                Why not? Everyone else in their seventies is running for office.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X