No announcement yet.

2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dangit, we needed a good fight around here. Y’all just got my hopes up, I had my popcorn emoji all ready and then it just fell flat. Booooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Dangit, we needed a good fight around here. Y’all just got my hopes up, I had my popcorn emoji all ready and then it just fell flat. Booooooo.
      Whatever jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Whatever jerk.
        I do believe that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. Thanks!

Comment

I do believe that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. Thanks!

Comment

Second nicest?

Comment

Second nicest?
              Certainly possible.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Is Gavin Newsome the next Democrat in line? Is it too late for Bernie and Liz? Is it too early for AOC?
                I like Newsom, and he appears to be a front-runner, but it remains to be seen if he'll challenge Biden should he run. Yes, too late for Bernie, probably for Liz as well. Way too early for AOC.

Comment

Meanwhile, a Quinnipiac poll yesterday showed TFG at his lowest approval rating since 2015, at just 31%.

I'm gonna say it right now -- there no way on earth he wins the presidency, let alone the Republican nomination. In fact, they would be committing hari-kari if he somehow did win the Republican nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Meanwhile, a Quinnipiac poll yesterday showed TFG at his lowest approval rating since 2015, at just 31%.

I'm gonna say it right now -- there no way on earth he wins the presidency, let alone the Republican nomination. In fact, they would be committing hari-kari if he somehow did win the Republican nomination.
                    Is he below 50% among Republicans? I seriously doubt it. He was at 40% approval for much of his term, and he was unchallenged for nomination in 2020.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Is he below 50% among Republicans? I seriously doubt it. He was at 40% approval for much of his term, and he was unchallenged for nomination in 2020.
                      70% among Republicans, but 20% unfavorable, which is his lowest among Republicans since March 2016.

Comment

70% among Republicans, but 20% unfavorable, which is his lowest among Republicans since March 2016.
                        I agree he's more vulnerable than he has been. I'm not convinced he's vulnerable enough that any other particular candidate has a strong chance to take him down. I think DeSantis, for example, is likely to wither in an actual campaign against Trump.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Interesting poll from UNH on the '24 New Hampshire Primary:
                          Buttigieg 23, Biden 18, Warren 18, Sanders 15, Ocasio-Cortez 6, Klobuchar 5, Harris 2, Newsom 1, Warnock 1

Comment

please, can we stop with the septuagenarians? I'm 55 and worried I'd be unemployable if I lost my job... but 70 seems like a requirement to run the country.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

People I'd be excited/happy to vote for in that list: Warren, AOC, Warnock. Which isn't to say I'd hate all the rest of them, just that my enthusiasm for them is milder. And I think all of three I like most would face headwinds in a general election due to being female, black, and/or outspoken. In fact, I think most of the candidates on that list have baggage. But ultimately, if the Republicans continue to be the party of fascism and screw the poor/immigrant/transgender people, I'm going to vote for the person with the D after their name.

Warren - I like that she started out as a school teacher. I like that she's from Oklahoma, which is where I grew up--I know that's not relevant to most people but I think there's a certain practicality about life and down-home kindness that a lot of Oklahomans have that I also see in Warren. I like that she's tackled Wall Street. She seems very smart and also practical. Drawbacks: she's old and not super inspiring like Obama/AOC/etc.

AOC - She seems very smart and she wants to make a positive difference in people's lives by ordering our society in better and fairer way. She says what she thinks and she articulates it well. Drawbacks: she is very young (and polarizing, but I don't know if that's fairly a criticism of her or of the Republican media machine).

Warnock - He is articulate and principled. I like how his faith has driven him to care about enacting social change and justice. Drawbacks: maybe too religious for most Democrats and not the right kind of religious (i.e., black) to woo religious voters from the conservative side.
                              Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 01-27-2023, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I tend to agree. I like Mayor Pete, but could he really win? Not sure. Maybe? I'd like to see Whitmer, Phil Murphy, Newsom, JB Pritzker, Warnock, Roy Cooper, Jared Polis. There are actually some Republicans I would love to see run (and win) the nom, because at least there will be a solid choice to make: Sununu, Tim Scott, Asa Hutchinson, Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker, Chris Christie.

Comment

Working...
                                X