Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twitter Mess

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Twitter last year had $273 million in operating income. I've read that Musk owes $1 billion per year in debt service on his Twitter acquisition. That's not a combination that any kind of good management was going to make work. And bad management that drives their over $5 billion per year in advertising revenue into the ground certainly isn't going to help.
    I figured it was inevitable he would find a middle ground that would appease advertisers, and he has-he is reinstating all but the most vile/dangerous (e.g. Alex Jones), but he is demonitizing those promoting hate speech, so you have to seek those voices out, they won't be pushed or paid (he is calling it, "free speech, but not free reach"). I think that will appease advertisers who don't have to worry about being associated with controversial/hateful figures directly. His early wobbliness on exactly how to do that, and the pushback on payment models, figuring all that out,I don't think any of that was as much of a disaster as how aggressively anti-labor he was from Day 1 with those that made and sustained the platform.

He was overly eager to downsize and seems to have misjudged how many would stick around for his edicts to work 70+ hours a week and his erratic communications, undercutting any sense of security or vision for the company. It may have worked at Tesla for a time, but that was partly because he was able to sell the vision that the company was making the world a better place. He didn't seem to bother to try to sell that to Twitter employees. He skipped the attempt to build a sense of community and family working for the greater good and went right to firing people like Trump on speed. Even employees who liked/admired him must have felt/feel FUD.

It’s amazing to me that he threw his entire Tesla-buying base under the bus — largely made up of climate conscious Dems — by publicly proclaiming to vote Republican, and then decimated Twitter, all within one month. For the world’s richest man, he sure looks like the world’s dumbest man.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    It’s amazing to me that he threw his entire Tesla-buying base under the bus — largely made up of climate conscious Dems — by publicly proclaiming to vote Republican, and then decimated Twitter, all within one month. For the world’s richest man, he sure looks like the world’s dumbest man.
    Maybe Trump is giving him business advice.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Maybe Trump is giving him business advice.
    Buy Trump steaks and vodka?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    I enjoy watching a wealthy jackass piss away his fortune.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein