No announcement yet.

Week 17 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Waller and Hunter Renfrow both added to IR, so both are out until at least Week 15.

Matt Stafford likely out this week.

Comment

Questionable starting QB's for week 10:

Josh Allen
      Teddy Bridgewater
      Kyler Murray
      Matthew Stafford
      Ryan Tannehill
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cooper Kupp will undergo ankle surgery tomorrow and is being placed on IR. But, because the Rams suck, he'll likely miss the remainder of the season. Dallas Goedert suffered a shoulder injury last night and will miss "extended time."
        Zach Ertz also was placed on IR and is out for the season with a knee injury

Comment

Well, I only saw a little more than half the games since I actually was at the Packers-Cowboys game, but observations:

- The Atlanta-Carolina game was like a 1970s throwback game; less than 300 yards passing by both QBs combined, a 30+ carry performance by D'Onta Foreman, and some seriously bruising defense.
          - Some of Kyle Pitts decline is on Mariota, but he also was not getting open very much against mostly single coverage. Mariota flat out tried to force it to him at least three times.
          - Looks like Tampa Bay has finally figured out who their best RB is, and it's not Leonard Fournette.
          - Chris Godwin is really beginning to look better and better each week.
          - When I left for the Packer game, the Vikings were down 27-10 to the Bills.
          - There were some great throws this week, but Trevor Lawrence's pass to Marvin Jones late in the first half was the best I saw.
          - JAX's tackling....wow, that was awful.
          - Micah Parsons is a great pass rusher, but the Packers ran all over him. And over him. And over him.
          - In fairness to Dallas' DL, their LBs were frequently in the wrong place at the wrong time.
          - With all the "RUDY" cheers, you might have thought you were at a Notre Dame game for a while. Rudy Ford might just have earned himself a nickle back gig simply because unlike every other Packer DB, he can actually catch the ball. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Stone Hands Amos and Greased Palms Savage.
          - Man, Tony Pollard can run with speed and power. Wonder what the cap hit is for Zeke because Pollard is clearly the better back now.
          - Happy breakout game, Christian Watson. Hope he stays healthy - he has real speed in pads. Still needs some hands work, though - even with the great game, he flat out had two drops.
          - I don't care how good of a special teams coach Rich Bisaccia is, if he puts Amari Rodgers out one more time receiving punts, they should just fire him on the spot.
          - I got home in time to watch the Chargers-49ers. For the most part, I wish I didn't.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Man, Tony Pollard can run with speed and power. Wonder what the cap hit is for Zeke because Pollard is clearly the better back now.
            Cowboys fans have been following this topic for over a year. Pollard has been the better back for a while. Zeke's dead money coming into 2022 was $30mm but it drops to $12mm for 2021. So we've been expecting this next offseason to be the first option.

Pollard is a UFA after this year too though, so the Cowboys would need to sign him.

I targetted Pollard in dynasty expecting his value to increase this year and next.

The wise move here would be for the Cowboys to resign Pollard and move on from Zeke. So I expect Jerry Jones to go with Zeke next year and let Pollard go.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              - With all the "RUDY" cheers, you might have thought you were at a Notre Dame game for a while. Rudy Ford might just have earned himself a nickle back gig simply because unlike every other Packer DB, he can actually catch the ball. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Stone Hands Amos and Greased Palms Savage.
              Hands aside, Ford look like the quickest guy on the field a couple times, it was really impressive.

Comment

Pollard is clearly the better back, but Zeke is much better in pass pro. Still, some team will sign him as a two-down back and he could continue to improve at pass pro.

Packers also released Amari Rodgers (and Kylin Hill) today

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Hands aside, Ford look like the quickest guy on the field a couple times, it was really impressive.
                  He was great in pass coverage - agree on his pretty incredible range. There's improvements to be made in run D - he was well out of position on a few running plays, but that's something that can be fixed pretty easily. Given how poor our pass coverage has been at the safety position, this was really encouraging.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports all Bills players and coaches have arrived at the airport and are scheduled to take off for Detroit at 4pm EST.

The Bills' team jet is scheduled for liftoff within the hour after the Buffalo community came together to get the players and staff to the airport. Buffalo had their scheduled home game moved to Detroit in light of the record snowfall experienced in upper New York, but over 77 inches of snow made getting the team to the airport the next hurdle to overcome. Final updates will be provided once the team reaches Detroit.

The Bills will play the Browns in Detroit on Sunday, then the Lions on Thanksgiving.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Drone video of Highmark Stadium in Buffalo this weekend:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Weird stat - the Vikings are 8-2 and basically have the NFC North locked up - but they are -2 in point differential on the year now.

Comment

Giants rookie WR Wan'Dale Robinson tore his ACL and is gone for the year

Comment

The carnage continues:
                            Kyle Pitts tore his MCL and the Falcons are currently exploring options, including season-ending surgery

Comment

I don't know if it's just me or if something is going on, but these are the skill position players who've suffered major injuries this season:
                              - Wan'Dale Robinson
                              - Sterling Shepard
                              - James Washington
                              - Dallas Goedert
                              - Carson Wentz
                              - Khalil Herbert
                              - Romeo Doubs
                              - Irv Smith
                              - Kyle Pitts
                              - Matt Corral
                              - Michael Thomas
                              - Trey Lance