Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Lessee:
    Hockenson deal — forget the new Lions TE, and Irv Smith is out for the season
    Claypool deal — George Pickens if he’s available. Claypool’s value also increases since CHI will feed him targets to justify the deal
    Jeff Wilson deal — this means Elijah Mitchell is on track to return, and TDP should get more touches until then. This also knocks Mostert down a notch.
    Edmonds deal — he may take over as RB1 in Denver. He’ll at least have more value than he had before.
    Hines deal — Deon Jackson is now firmly RB2 in Indy. Hines drained any remaining value from James Cook and knocked Singletary a tad.
    Hines value in a PPR league had to take a jump, too.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      umm...Claypool's value increases because he steps in as the best receiver on the Bears team.
      Which means…..little at best.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Hines value in a PPR league had to take a jump, too.
        Does it? I’m not sure. Maybe.

Comment

Michael Thomas needs toe surgery and is done for the year

Rashod Bateman needs foot surgery and is also done for the year

Comment

Does it? I’m not sure. Maybe.
            I'd think so, especially with the positive press he's received from Diggs and Allen.

Comment

Sounds like Jonathan Taylor is out.

Comment

Benching Mixon for Foreman today pretty much sums up how my season has gone so far.
                Last edited by madducks; 11-06-2022, 06:20 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Benching Mixon for Foreman today pretty much sums up how my season has gone so far.
                  Mixon today 113 yards rushing (3 TDs) and 58 yards receiving on 4 receptions (1 TD). Good for 45 points in my league. And that was just the first half.

Foreman = zero points.
                  Last edited by madducks; 11-06-2022, 06:20 PM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bears QB Justin Fields with 178 yards today. Rushing. That breaks Michael Vick's single-game record for rushing yards by a QB. Claypool is already opening things up for the Bears offense even though they still lost.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Week 9 thoughts and musings:

- Kudos to the Chargers to winning ugly against the Falcons. Both top WRs out, Bosa gone, OL's getting hurt, starting kicker out. Joshua Palmer made some clutch catches in tight spots throughout the game; he may be the future #2 WR.
                      - Marcus Mariota had some brutal misses of open receivers. We're not talking Aaron Rodgers level sucking, but a few of those were downright ugly.
                      - Atlanta's OL can sure run block. Not counting Mariota's rushing, they had 30 rushes for almost 170 yards and everyone knows Atlanta will be run heavy. And they're doing it with a converted WR and a no-name rookie out of BYU.
                      - Missed the Miami-Chicago game, sadly. Heard an interview where one of the comments was "We didn't know Justin Fields was that fast". Dude, did you watch any film?
                      - One would think after calling out the whole team - except himself, of course - that Aaron Rodgers wouldn't go out and lay the massive egg that he did. But, wow, did he blow chunks. 3 picks, and everyone of them was on him. That didn't include the three key underthrows; especially two to Toure on brilliantly run deep routes where he was open. And overall, the OL gave him time to throw.
                      - Even if the Packers had won, they're toast anyway. Rashan Gary is out for the season with an ACL injury. Romeo Doubs is likely out multiple weeks with a high ankle injury. Aaron Jones has an injured ankle. Allen Lazard is playing with a trashed shoulder. Christian Watson has another concussion. Eric Stokes went out on a cart; full results not yet in. Bakhtiari went out again; his knee simply isn't right. I'll be at the game against the Cowboys; suspect it'll be brutal.
                      - the Bills have to be concerned about Josh Allen. He made a number of poor throws against the Packers that almost kept GB in the game last week, and made bad throws that the Jets capitalized on in this game. How bad, really, is that elbow?
                      - The Jets defense, especially up the middle, is very formidable. When the weather gets nasty, given how this team plays, they could be scary in the playoffs - especially if they can get some games at home.
                      - The NFL should convene an emergency meeting and simply ban the NFC South from the playoffs. Yeeeeesh, that division is brutal.
                      - It took JAX about a quarter and a half to realize that Davante Adams is still a really good WR.
                      - OK, I was wrong about Travis Etienne. I'm not sure he'll hold up with 30 touches a game, but he looks really good.
                      - Geno Smith recovered well from a really bad pick-six. He spread the ball around really well.
                      - I can't believe Kliff Klingsbury is long as the head coach. For all the talent Arizona has now, especially with Hopkins back, they look totally dysfunctional on offense.
                      - Watching the Rams-Bucs game was like watching two aged heavyweight boxers try and knock one another out, but simply not have the tools anymore.
                      - Malik Willis made a couple of good throws, but he's going to have to work extremely hard to develop into a reliable passer.
                      - I didn't think the Titans had a chance, but they put a great game plan together.

Comment

And Frank Reich fired and replaced with Jeff Saturday. I guess we'll get to see if a guy with no coaching experience can outdo an established coach with a lot of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          And Frank Reich fired and replaced with Jeff Saturday. I guess we'll get to see if a guy with no coaching experience can outdo an established coach with a lot of experience.
                          Bizarre choice, considering former HC's Gus Bradley and John Fox are on staff.

Adding to the Packers woes, rookie WR Romeo Doubs has a high ankle sprain and will likely miss 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Bizarre choice, considering former HC's Gus Bradley and John Fox are on staff.
                            Well, if they're going to be hiring anyone, let's get our applications in early for GM once Ballard is inevitably fired.

Comment

Bizarre choice
                              I don't know, his wikipedia article suggests he has some coaching experience....

Coaching career

Saturday was the head coach of Hebron Christian Academy from 2017–2020.

Indianapolis Colts

On November 7, 2022, the Indianapolis Colts named Saturday as the team's interim head coach after the team fired Frank Reich following a 3–5–1 start.

Comment

Raiders release 2019 1st rder Johnathan Abram, another casualty from the Gruden-Mayock error, uhh, era

Comment

Working...
                                X