Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Week 13 Thread

And Frank Reich fired and replaced with Jeff Saturday. I guess we'll get to see if a guy with no coaching experience can outdo an established coach with a lot of experience.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    And Frank Reich fired and replaced with Jeff Saturday. I guess we'll get to see if a guy with no coaching experience can outdo an established coach with a lot of experience.
    Bizarre choice, considering former HC's Gus Bradley and John Fox are on staff.

Adding to the Packers woes, rookie WR Romeo Doubs has a high ankle sprain and will likely miss 4-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Bizarre choice, considering former HC's Gus Bradley and John Fox are on staff.
    Well, if they're going to be hiring anyone, let's get our applications in early for GM once Ballard is inevitably fired.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Bizarre choice
    I don't know, his wikipedia article suggests he has some coaching experience....

Coaching career

Saturday was the head coach of Hebron Christian Academy from 2017–2020.

Indianapolis Colts

On November 7, 2022, the Indianapolis Colts named Saturday as the team's interim head coach after the team fired Frank Reich following a 3–5–1 start.

Raiders release 2019 1st rder Johnathan Abram, another casualty from the Gruden-Mayock error, uhh, era

Darren Waller and Hunter Renfrow both added to IR, so both are out until at least Week 15.

Matt Stafford likely out this week.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Questionable starting QB's for week 10:

Josh Allen
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Kyler Murray
    Matthew Stafford
    Ryan Tannehill
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Cooper Kupp will undergo ankle surgery tomorrow and is being placed on IR. But, because the Rams suck, he'll likely miss the remainder of the season. Dallas Goedert suffered a shoulder injury last night and will miss "extended time."
    Zach Ertz also was placed on IR and is out for the season with a knee injury

Well, I only saw a little more than half the games since I actually was at the Packers-Cowboys game, but observations:

- The Atlanta-Carolina game was like a 1970s throwback game; less than 300 yards passing by both QBs combined, a 30+ carry performance by D'Onta Foreman, and some seriously bruising defense.
    - Some of Kyle Pitts decline is on Mariota, but he also was not getting open very much against mostly single coverage. Mariota flat out tried to force it to him at least three times.
    - Looks like Tampa Bay has finally figured out who their best RB is, and it's not Leonard Fournette.
    - Chris Godwin is really beginning to look better and better each week.
    - When I left for the Packer game, the Vikings were down 27-10 to the Bills.
    - There were some great throws this week, but Trevor Lawrence's pass to Marvin Jones late in the first half was the best I saw.
    - JAX's tackling....wow, that was awful.
    - Micah Parsons is a great pass rusher, but the Packers ran all over him. And over him. And over him.
    - In fairness to Dallas' DL, their LBs were frequently in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    - With all the "RUDY" cheers, you might have thought you were at a Notre Dame game for a while. Rudy Ford might just have earned himself a nickle back gig simply because unlike every other Packer DB, he can actually catch the ball. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Stone Hands Amos and Greased Palms Savage.
    - Man, Tony Pollard can run with speed and power. Wonder what the cap hit is for Zeke because Pollard is clearly the better back now.
    - Happy breakout game, Christian Watson. Hope he stays healthy - he has real speed in pads. Still needs some hands work, though - even with the great game, he flat out had two drops.
    - I don't care how good of a special teams coach Rich Bisaccia is, if he puts Amari Rodgers out one more time receiving punts, they should just fire him on the spot.
    - I got home in time to watch the Chargers-49ers. For the most part, I wish I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Man, Tony Pollard can run with speed and power. Wonder what the cap hit is for Zeke because Pollard is clearly the better back now.
    Cowboys fans have been following this topic for over a year. Pollard has been the better back for a while. Zeke's dead money coming into 2022 was $30mm but it drops to $12mm for 2021. So we've been expecting this next offseason to be the first option.

Pollard is a UFA after this year too though, so the Cowboys would need to sign him.

I targetted Pollard in dynasty expecting his value to increase this year and next.

The wise move here would be for the Cowboys to resign Pollard and move on from Zeke. So I expect Jerry Jones to go with Zeke next year and let Pollard go.