Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("End-of-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised the Pirates didn't add Malcom Nunez to their 40. He seems very likely to be picked in the rule 5 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Thanx for the response, heyelander.

And thanx for informing about Yoshida. He's been on my list for a while, as he's one of the best hitters in Japan, but this is the first I've heard that he wants to come to MLB. If indeed he is posted, he'll be added to the top 150. Not sure exactly where he'll rank but it would probably be higher than Senga, who's currently at #69. Probably in the 40-75 range. He has only about 6 years service time in Japan and you need 9 years to be eligible for free agency so I dont know whether his team would post him this early. But they just won the Japan Leagues title so maybe they figure they've already gotten their money's worth from him and would let him go.
      And RW reported that Yoshida will indeed be posted this offseason. Currently #76 on my list.

Edit: Also, it might take a while for me to respond to people now because this site again is intermittently preventing me from posting and also logging me out almost immediately. I have experienced these problems from time to time over the years.

Comment

What about Will Brennan? He's not a top prospect, but all this guy's done is hit and he looks to be in Cleveland's plans in '23.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          What about Will Brennan? He's not a top prospect, but all this guy's done is hit and he looks to be in Cleveland's plans in '23.

Yes, he did well in the minors and in a brief stint in MLB last year. And FG's Roster Resource currently has him listed as the starting DH. I already had him pretty high before I saw FG's projection. He's just off the list now at #164.

Comment

<p>
            I have been offerred Gleider Figuereo for Nate Pearson. Should I take it?</p>

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I have been offerred Gleider Figuereo for Nate Pearson. Should I take it?

I wouldnt do that deal even for dynasty. Figuereo looks to have very good potential but is not a top prospect and is pretty far away from MLB. He's pretty far down my list rt now. Pearson hasnt turned into the stud everyone thought he would become but injuries have played a big part and he still has loads of talent. He appears destined for the pen but he could turn into a lock-down closer for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Surprised the Pirates didn't add Malcom Nunez to their 40. He seems very likely to be picked in the rule 5 draft.
                The Pirates are making sure that the acquisition of washed up veterans is their top priority this off-season.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Any other predictions on rule 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Any other predictions on rule 5?
                    Didnt see this until after the draft. But no I didnt have any other than what I've seen the experts predict. Seemed that most of the players selected during the major league phase were among those predicted by the experts. I was surprised noone took Jose Ramos of the Dodgers; everyone was predicting him as a strong candidate for selection.

Comment

Nic Enright seems like a decent get for Miami. Since they did jack doodley dick at the meetings, so there's not a lot to discuss in Marlins land.

Comment

And RW reported that Yoshida will indeed be posted this offseason. Currently #76 on my list.
                        RW reports that Yoshida will sign w the RedSox for $90 mil for 5 years. And I must have missed something because the "posting fee" is no longer a straight figure of up to $20 mil but is based on the total value of the contract. And teams dont have to bid against each other for the right to negotiate w the player, any team can negotiate as soon as the player is posted. The fee for Yoshida works out to be $15,375,000. This seems like a big overpay to me. I think Yoshida will be a starting OFer and is listed as such on FG. But I would project his production to be similar to that of Kosuke Fukudome, w similar power, higher BA and OBP and less SBs. IIRC, Fukudome signed for $9 mil for 3 years about 15 years ago. That's not to denigrate Yoshida; I think he'll be productive, like Fukudome was. Just dont think it is particularly good value for the money, but maybe the RedSox know something I dont.

I still like where I have Yoshida on my list, currently #75. I may move him up some later. Too bad BA already did their RedSox list, but they'll probably indicate at some point where he would slot in.

Comment

BTW, Yoshida's salary in Japan for 2021 (I couldnt find figures for 2022) was approx. $2,576,000. So it's a really good deal for him.

Comment

<p>
                            I need a reality check. I rarely get myopic and obsessed with a prospect, but I really like what I see in Brandon Pfaadt. I think he will shoot up lists as a top 10 pitching prospect. The guy who has him is a Yankees fan, so I offerred Everson Pereira but got rejected. I offerred to include Trey Sweeney, rejected. I offerred both Pereira and Liover Peguero, still a no. He countered with Pfaadt for Oswald Peraza. I really like Peraza, but I also have Volpe, and I am not sure how Oswald breaks through with Volpe in the picture (Oswald is the better defender, but Volpe can play SS and I think he will be a star). So, I am actually considering it.</p>
                            <p>
                            &nbsp;</p>
                            <p>
                            RHD, you have them ranked far apart, but this is a points league, so Peraza&#39;s steals are not as valuable (we do get 2 pts per steals, so still kinda valuable), and a high K rate is very valuable (we get 2 pts per K). I&#39;m all ears on what I should pass, from anyone, really. I fall in love with K rates and Pfaadt was soooo much better than any zona pitching prospect in super tough hitting environments. He gives up too many HRs, but everything else is stellar. And he is close. I should add that I have taken TINSNAAP to an extreme. I have 18 hitting prospects and just two pitching prospects. Seven of them are SS prospects and five more of 2b (I always go for SS first, whenever I can). It is a bit overboard, so I have been shopping for pitching and fell in love with Pfaadt as a gettable option who is close. Given my circumstances, is it okay to overpay? In total, I have Volpe, Peraza, Tovar, Winn, Rocchio, Peguero, and Sweeney. Is it even a big overpay in a points league?</p>
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-19-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I need a reality check. I rarely get myopic and obsessed with a prospect, but I really like what I see in Brandon Pfaadt. I think he will shoot up lists as a top 10 pitching prospect. The guy who has him is a Yankees fan, so I offerred Everson Pereira but got rejected. I offerred to include Trey Sweeney, rejected. I offerred both Pereira and Liover Peguero, still a no. He countered with Pfaadt for Oswald Peraza. I really like Peraza, but I also have Volpe, and I am not sure how Oswald breaks through with Volpe in the picture (Oswald is the better defender, but Volpe can play SS and I think he will be a star). So, I am actually considering it.

RHD, you have them ranked far apart, but this is a points league, so Peraza's steals are not as valuable (we do get 2 pts per steals, so still kinda valuable), and a high K rate is very valuable (we get 2 pts per K). I'm all ears on what I should pass, from anyone, really. I fall in love with K rates and Pfaadt was soooo much better than any zona pitching prospect in super tough hitting environments. He gives up too many HRs, but everything else is stellar. And he is close. I should add that I have taken TINSNAAP to an extreme. I have 18 hitting prospects and just two pitching prospects. Seven of them are SS prospects and five more of 2b (I always go for SS first, whenever I can). It is a bit overboard, so I have been shopping for pitching and fell in love with Pfaadt as a gettable option who is close. Given my circumstances, is it okay to overpay? In total, I have Volpe, Peraza, Tovar, Winn, Rocchio, Peguero, and Sweeney. Is it even a big overpay in a points league?
                              Thanx for the response, SM.

Hard for me to advise re: a points league since I've never played in one. Firstly, Pfaadt has been steadily moving up the prospect lists recently including mine. He is currently #80 and likely will rise even more. Peraza is #44 so the gap is narrowing. Secondly, I wouldnt worry about Peraza and Volpe crowding one another out of the lineup. If Peraza sticks at SS in MLB, Volpe can easily move to 3B and BA's 2026 Yanks lineup has them both in at those positions. Thirdly, has the other guy made you a counteroffer? I definitely wouldnt trade Volpe for Pfaadt and I might not offer Tovar or Winn either. You could offer Rocchio along w Pereira but if he rejected Peraza he probably wouldnt go for Rocchio either. Ask him what it would take from your roster to get the deal done. But I'd be careful what good hitting prospects I'd trade away to get a pitching prospect on the basis of 1 breakout season.

Comment

<p>
                                Thanx for the response, SM. Hard for me to advise re: a points league since I&#39;ve never played in one. Firstly, Pfaadt has been steadily moving up the prospect lists recently including mine. He is currently #80 and likely will rise even more. Peraza is #44 so the gap is narrowing. Secondly, I wouldnt worry about Peraza and Volpe crowding one another out of the lineup. If Peraza sticks at SS in MLB, Volpe can easily move to 3B and BA&#39;s 2026 Yanks lineup has them both in at those positions. Thirdly, has the other guy made you a counteroffer? I definitely wouldnt trade Volpe for Pfaadt and I might not offer Tovar or Winn either. You could offer Rocchio along w Pereira but if he rejected Peraza he probably wouldnt go for Rocchio either. Ask him what it would take from your roster to get the deal done. But I&#39;d be careful what good hitting prospects I&#39;d trade away to get a pitching prospect on the basis of 1 breakout season.
                                Thanks RHD. It got lost in my wall of text, but his counter was Peraza for Pfaadt 1 for 1. In a roto league, I&#39;d pass, but in pts, it seems a lot closer. Your confirmation that Pfaadt has helium for you makes me more certain of that. I was on the fence, but leaning more toward taking the deal.</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X