Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("End-of-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Thanks RHD. It got lost in my wall of text, but his counter was Peraza for Pfaadt 1 for 1. In a roto league, I'd pass, but in pts, it seems a lot closer. Your confirmation that Pfaadt has helium for you makes me more certain of that. I was on the fence, but leaning more toward taking the deal.

Oh, sorry, I got confused reading your original post. Yes, given 1) the brief info you gave me on your points league, 2) how badly you want Pfaadt and 3) the other prospects you'd still have, I think I'd give up Peraza for Pfaadt.

Comment

<p>
      Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Oh, sorry, I got confused reading your original post. Yes, given 1) the brief info you gave me on your points league, 2) how badly you want Pfaadt and 3) the other prospects you&#39;d still have, I think I&#39;d give up Peraza for Pfaadt.
      Gracias! I accepted it this morning. I tried for every arm I have ranked ahead of him first, but they were all a no, so that made me feel better about it.</p>

Comment

I need help making prospect cuts. I recently acquired more fypd picks than I really need and I will now try to consolidate, but I seem to have hit a trade wall (frustrating, because other teams who think they have enough prospects have guys way worse than the guys I will have to cut). So, it seems very likely I will have to forfeit some high picks or cut some good prospects in my 14 team league where we keep 15 in the majors (30 man rosters) and have another 20 minor league spots (context to show that lower end prospects have roster spots, even in a mixed league...it leans dynasty with cheaper long term contracts and deep benches).

If you had a full roster of prospects and also had picks 8, 13, 18, 24, and 25 in the fypd, which of these prospects would you cut given league size and parameters? We roster a total of 280 prospects, so a guy ranked 200 might be as good or better than a pick in the 20s, but I do tend to want the picks over the players that have not shown a lot, or have shown they are more floor than ceiling (even if it is a deep for a 14 team mixed league, it is still a 14 team mixed league, so my strategy is generally to favor ceiling over floor). I want to cut at least 3 (I am thinking Figuereo, Muncy, and Walston or Martin?), to use my first 3 picks, but I am curious if others see five cuts I can safely make to use all my picks in the first two rounds.

Nine potential cuts for the five potential picks, in alpha order, with my thoughts:

1. Gleider Figuereo--like his early results, but far off and doesn't seem like he has a sky high ceiling. Seems like a cut
        2. Austin Martin--he was a can't miss prospect that seems to have missed; he gets on base, but no power; can he find it? Seems like a cut, but hard to cut a name this big.
        3. Angel Martinez--ever since I got Lindor I have been a sucker for Cleveland MIF prospects. Is he better or worse than Martin?
        4. Max Muncy--is one of the obvious cuts to me, but I do think he has some upside
        5. Liover Peguero--ranked higher than others, but I worry about the upside. Started red hot but faded hard; finished with a sub .700 OPS. His fade is one reason I parted with Tovar in a deal. How different would Tovar be rated if he stayed healthy and faded, which I think he might have?
        6. Trey Sweeney--ranked lower than Liover, but he seems to have higher offensive upside. Hard to pick which of the two is a cut, if either is.
        7. Gabriel Gonzalez--I love his upside, but young and far away. Still, I can't see cutting him.
        8. Blake Walston--I still like him, but he has fallen a lot in rankings and his results were poor last year
        9. Quinn Priester--I think the consensus is that he is clearly better than Walston, so I'm thinking Blake would get the cut before Priester. I am light on pitcher prospects, so I think keeping one makes sense. I only have three total (Tiedemann is more other one).
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-07-2023, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I need help making prospect cuts. I recently acquired more fypd picks than I really need and I will now try to consolidate, but I seem to have hit a trade wall (frustrating, because other teams who think they have enough prospects have guys way worse than the guys I will have to cut). So, it seems very likely I will have to forfeit some high picks or cut some good prospects in my 14 team league where we keep 15 in the majors (30 man rosters) and have another 20 minor league spots (context to show that lower end prospects have roster spots, even in a mixed league...it leans dynasty with cheaper long term contracts and deep benches). If you had a full roster of prospects and also had picks 8, 13, 18, 24, and 25 in the fypd, which of these prospects would you cut given league size and parameters? We roster a total of 280 prospects, so a guy ranked 200 might be as good or better than a pick in the 20s, but I do tend to want the picks over the players that have not shown a lot, or have shown they are more floor than ceiling (even if it is a deep for a 14 team mixed league, it is still a 14 team mixed league, so my strategy is generally to favor ceiling over floor). I want to cut at least 3 (I am thinking Figuereo, Muncy, and Walston or Martin?), to use my first 3 picks, but I am curious if others see five cuts I can safely make to use all my picks in the first two rounds. Nine potential cuts for the five potential picks, in alpha order, with my thoughts: 1. Gleider Figuereo--like his early results, but far off and doesn't seem like he has a sky high ceiling. Seems like a cut 2. Austin Martin--he was a can't miss prospect that seems to have missed; he gets on base, but no power; can he find it? Seems like a cut, but hard to cut a name this big. 3. Angel Martinez--ever since I got Lindor I have been a sucker for Cleveland MIF prospects. Is he better or worse than Martin? 4. Max Muncy--is one of the obvious cuts to me, but I do think he has some upside 5. Liover Peguero--ranked higher than others, but I worry about the upside. Started red hot but faded hard; finished with a sub .700 OPS. His fade is one reason I parted with Tovar in a deal. How different would Tovar be rated if he stayed healthy and faded, which I think he might have? 6. Trey Sweeney--ranked lower than Liover, but he seems to have higher offensive upside. Hard to pick which of the two is a cut, if either is. 7. Gabriel Gonzalez--I love his upside, but young and far away. Still, I can't see cutting him. 8. Blake Walston--I still like him, but he has fallen a lot in rankings and his results were poor last year 9. Quinn Priester--I think the consensus is that he is clearly better than Walston, so I'm thinking Blake would get the cut before Priester. I am light on pitcher prospects, so I think keeping one makes sense. I only have three total (Tiedemann is more other one).
          Figuereo, SWeeney and Walston currently are not in my top 150 so those are the 3 cuts I'd make. Austin Martin for the time being still is at the bottom of the list but he might get squeezed out so he's another potential cut. The others are solidly on the list for now and I'd be reluctant to cut any of them.

Comment

Figuereo, SWeeney and Walston currently are not in my top 150 so those are the 3 cuts I&#39;d make. Austin Martin for the time being still is at the bottom of the list but he might get squeezed out so he&#39;s another potential cut. The others are solidly on the list for now and I&#39;d be reluctant to cut any of them.
            Thanks rhd. Muncy is on your current top 150? That is a little surprising given his K rate, but good to know. Where is he on the list? Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks rhd. Muncy is on your current top 150? That is a little surprising given his K rate, but good to know. Where is he on the list? Thanks again.
              Sorry! Muncy also is not in the Top 150. So that would be 4 cuts, w Martin being a possible 5th. If you end up just cutting 3, thenn I would just do Figuereo, Sweeney and Muncy, since Walston is higher up than those 3.

Comment

Fantrax updated their top 400 today. Some notable differences from rhd&#39;s rankings is Cross has Manzardo 15th and Norby 18th. I think both are too high, but I was surprised Norby was not ranked here, rhd. Any thoughts on either or both guys? I assume Manzardo got dinged for being a 1b prospect and for being in Tampa, who loves to platoon. Here is the link: https://www.fantraxhq.com/top-fantas...all-prospects/

Comment

Fantrax updated their top 400 today. Some notable differences from rhd&#39;s rankings is Cross has Manzardo 15th and Norby 18th. I think both are too high, but I was surprised Norby was not ranked here, rhd. Any thoughts on either or both guys? I assume Manzardo got dinged for being a 1b prospect and for being in Tampa, who loves to platoon. Here is the link: https://www.fantraxhq.com/top-fantas...all-prospects/

Yes, I've seen their list. I am surprised at how far Norby is shooting up the prospect ranks. I'm pleased to see it as an O's fan. He currently is #124 on my list. Manzardo has really shot up as well. He's currently #77.

BTW, I'll be posting a new list shortly after BA finishes their Team Top 10's, which should be in a couple weeks.

Comment

I don't know how they managed to pull it off, but the Pirates have signed 18 year-old Japanese pitcher Jun Seok Shim, who is the #10 international prospect according to MLB Pipeline. Have you heard anything about this guy RHD?
                    Last edited by madducks; 01-15-2023, 10:41 AM.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      I don't know how they managed to pull it off, but the Pirates have signed 18 year-old Japanese pitcher Jun Seok Shim, who is the #10 international prospect according to MLB Pipeline. Have you heard anything about this guy RHD?
                      I know nothing about him. He's #26 on FG's International list and doesnt appear at all on BA's list of 40 players. I'm not interested at this point. BTW, his name is Korean, not Japanese.

Comment

I know nothing about him. He's #26 on FG's International list and doesnt appear at all on BA's list of 40 players. I'm not interested at this point. BTW, his name is Korean, not Japanese.
                        Ooops on the country of origin...where is the embarrassed emoji when i need it?

I will have to monitor his progress. I wonder what level the Pirates will start him at. He will be 19 years old in April and I'm not sure if he played professionally last year.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X