2022 playoff thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 playoff thread

after a day off from baseball it is good to see the boys of summer in action again. Rays-Guardians is a good game. Bieber looks great, McLanahan sharper than he has been recently, but Ramirez got him with a 2 run bomb.

Lets go Mariners and Phillies !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Phillies got one, and Mariners ok so far. Looking good
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

heart attack game. Woot Phillies!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Andres Munoz is cooking with gas. Nice 92 mph slider going as well
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Padres CRUSSHHH the Mets.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Glasnow and Mckenzie with a nice abbreviated pitchers duel today. It's a battle of the bullpens now. No score after 9.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Glasnow and Mckenzie with a nice abbreviated pitchers duel today. It's a battle of the bullpens now. No score after 9.
              And Oscar Gonzalez goes yard for the lone run in the 15th to advance the Guardians.

It was the most scoreless innings to begin a game in MLB postseason history.
              Last edited by madducks; 10-08-2022, 06:25 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Kirby closes it out in relief and the Blue Jays are gone!

Comment

Trent Grisham decides to hit after taking the year off
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Thanks for not mentioning the 8-1 lead they blew. What a meltdown. A young team that has more lessons to learn.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Nays for the Jays and Rays.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Padres advance to play the Dodgers.

Musgrove/Suarez/Hader 1 hit the Mets--1st time a team was 1 hit in a playoff elimination game.

LFGSD!
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The NLCS will be Padres vs Phillies. No division winners allowed.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            And Oscar Gonzalez goes yard for the lone run in the 15th to advance the Guardians.

It was the most scoreless innings to begin a game in MLB postseason history.
                            And that record lasted all of one week as the Astros win 1-0 on an 18th inning walk-off homerun by Jeremy Pena to advance to the ALCS.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

congrats to Phils & Pads fans everywhere, I'm sure that heye & GITH are enjoying this October!!!
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X