No announcement yet.

2022 playoff thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manaea has been a disaster all year. Shouldn't have made post season roster.
    No surprise he got torched today.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
      Manaea has been a disaster all year. Shouldn't have made post season roster.
      No surprise he got torched today.
      Clevinger has also been bad the last two months.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations to the Phillies

Hell of a run for them

Good luck in the Series!!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          And now we get to find out who the most valuable 2018 mega-bucks free agent signing is....Harper....or Machado?
          Bryce Harper was named the NLCS MVP. He's hitting .419 with 5 HR & 11 RBI in 10 games this post-season.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Bryce Harper was named the NLCS MVP. He's hitting .419 with 5 HR & 11 RBI in 10 games this post-season.
            Actually it's 11 games. The RJ login gremlins won't let me edit the post.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats to the Astros! Much rather see them win than the Yankees. Still undefeated in the post-season.

Comment

Really disappointed to see how BoMel managed game 5. Amazing the 3rd best team in the NL East is the one hanging the NL Pennant next year, but they got hot at the right time and did their best to plug holes acquring Marsh for defense and D-Rob for the bullpen. I still believe the Astros will lay waste to the Phillies, but I never thought Philly would get out of the first round either.

Comment

I think all of Philly was just happy to make the playoffs this year. I wanted 1 win to stake a claim that we belonged. This is just amazing. I'm still floating today.

Not comparing, and no knock on Machado, he's been fantastic for SD (and my fantasy teams) but Harper has been perfect for Philly. He's been all-in on the city from day one, has said and done all the right things and has taken the outward leadership of the team (I think Schwarber is a huge in-house influence). Haper's not only played great, but he's made it easier for everyone else to come in and just play their game. He also seems to love his team-mates and has set the energy level for everyone. I couldn't be happier with his signing even before all this.

SD's future is super bright. And Gith is gracious. I would have been fine losing any round before this, and don't expect a WS win, but I won't be congratulating any Astros fans after the series. Fuck those guys.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Congrats to the Astros! Much rather see them win than the Yankees. Still undefeated in the post-season.
                    I would think the Astros are the most hated team in MLB. I really dislike NYY, and I was still pulling for them to win. Phillies all the way in 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      I would think the Astros are the most hated team in MLB. I really dislike NYY, and I was still pulling for them to win. Phillies all the way in 5 games.
                      I dont get the hatred. They broke the rules, got caught, got punished, served their punishment. Now it's over yet many want to continue punishing them. No hate for other teams despite many other teams (including but not limited to the RedSox) doing the same or similar things and not getting punished at all.

Comment

broke the rules, got caught, got punished, served their punishment
                        So did Tanya Harding and Tim Donaghy.

Comment

I dont get the hatred. They broke the rules, got caught, got punished, served their punishment. Now it's over yet many want to continue punishing them.
                          Perhaps if some real punishment had been meted out to the players or ownership, people like me might be more forgiving. Or if MLB would at least put an asterisk by their World Series win and every playoff win they had. Or if the owners - the top leadership - of the organization had changed.

But none of that happened. And I know leadership drives culture, and the Astros leadership is rotten. If Jim Crane and his close minions can figure out how to cheat their way to another WS win, they'll do it in a heartbeat.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm curious. Does anyone know what the odds for a Houston/Philly World Series was last March?
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              I'm curious. Does anyone know what the odds for a Houston/Philly World Series was last March?
                              I don't know about March, but FanGraphs playoff odds on opening day have Houston at 19.5% to win the ALCS and Philly at 8.4% to win the NLCS. Assuming those were independent (which they're not completely because the two teams played each other in interleague, but close enough probably), that would be roughly 1-in-60 odds.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                I don't know about March, but FanGraphs playoff odds on opening day have Houston at 19.5% to win the ALCS and Philly at 8.4% to win the NLCS. Assuming those were independent (which they're not completely because the two teams played each other in interleague, but close enough probably), that would be roughly 1-in-60 odds.
                                That will do.

Both of those are a little higher than I would have guessed.
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X