No announcement yet.

The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Pittsburgh Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Immaculate Reception: THE GREATEST quality compilation EVER!

Last edited by madducks; 03-12-2023, 10:59 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Immaculate Reception post-game interviews:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Last edited by madducks; 12-26-2022, 07:52 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill Cowher on Harris' kindness and how his name will live on forever.

"I think someone said over the last couple of days, 'When someone says your first name, and they know who you are, and you don't have to say your last name, that's pretty special,'" Cowher added.

"That's who Franco Harris was. He was very, very special."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pittsburgh media is reporting (leaking) that Steelers OC Matt Canada is going to be fired at the end of the season.

Lions receiver coach and former Steelers' WR Antwaan Randle El has been mentioned as one possible replacement.
            Last edited by madducks; 12-29-2022, 09:13 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Pittsburgh media is reporting (leaking) that Steelers OC Matt Canada is going to be fired at the end of the season.

Lions receiver coach and former Steelers' WR Antwaan Randle El has been mentioned as one possible replacement.
              I would think they would want Ben Johnson the offensive coordinator if they are raiding the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I would think they would want Ben Johnson the offensive coordinator if they are raiding the Lions.
                It's probably difficult to get a current OC to leave their job for the same position on another team unless you overpay or they are disgruntled with their current team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rookie QB Kenny Pickett continues to get better each week. The kid definitely has a knack for the 2 minute drill. Hopefully, the Steelers offensive line and play calling improve next season. Now they need to beat the Browns at home next week to avoid a losing season. That didn't seem possible a few months ago after starting the year 2-6.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Rookie QB Kenny Pickett continues to get better each week. The kid definitely has a knack for the 2 minute drill. Hopefully, the Steelers offensive line and play calling improve next season. Now they need to beat the Browns at home next week to avoid a losing season. That didn't seem possible a few months ago after starting the year 2-6.
                    BTW, last week Kenny Pickett became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to engineer a game-winning TD pass in the final minute of the fourth quarter in back-to-back games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Miami's last minute field goal keeps the Steelers out of the playoffs. Steelers needed a win vs Browns (yay), a Patriots loss (yay), and a Dolphins loss (nay) to make the playoffs after starting the season 2-6. The 3 point loss to Miami in October came back to haunt the Steelers as they both finished the season with 9-8 records.

The Steelers season ends on a positive note with 4 straight wins while going 7-2 with a rookie QB in the second half.

Kenny Pickett, after throwing 8 interceptions in his first 5 games, only threw 1 interception in his last 7 games. Pickett may not have the physical skills of the elite QBs, but he more than makes up for it with his football instincts and IQ. And the kid has a great work ethic as evidenced by the extra offensive player meetings that he called for during the bye week. He inspired his teammates to work harder and improve upon their disappointing first half. And more importantly he earned their respect as the leader of the offense. The stats don't accurately reflect what he accomplished this season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers now have 3 of the first 48 picks (#17, #32, #48) in the upcoming draft. The Bears getting the first pick worked out well for the Steelers since the Bears traded the Steelers their second-round pick for Chase Claypool.

The Dolphins were stripped of their first-round pick due to "impermissible communications" with Tom Brady and also with Sean Payton's agent while they were under contract. This means there will only be 31 picks in the first round this year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In week 18, Steelers TE Conner Heyward scored his first NFL touchdown on the same day that he and his brother, Steelers DT Cam Heyward, went to visit the grave of their father, former NFL RB Craig Heyward.

Coach Mike Tomlin and Cam Heyward walk off the field in Atlanta together and talk about Connor Heyward's touchdown against the Falcons#HereWeGo #Steelers #NF...
                          Last edited by madducks; 01-14-2023, 02:30 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The downside to Steelers QB Kenny Pickett showing so much improvement and promise down the stretch is that he may have also saved OC Matt Canada's job. For now anyway. Sigh.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Historic Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted The Historic Chicago Bears about trading up for the Albums pick.

I do not think we will find out until draft night 4/26. It may not be historic (time will tell) but it sure will be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X