Shhh...Snell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shhh...Snell

No-no thru 6 IP. 2 BB, 11 K. Already 92 pitches so no chance he completes it himself.

Broken up by a Pujols single w 2 out in the 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Broken up by a Pujols single w 2 out in the 7th.
      Snellzilla done through 7--2 h, 2 bb and 13 Ks
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Snellzilla done through 7--2 h, 2 bb and 13 Ks
        Wow! And 117 pitches too. I hope his arm didn't fall off.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Best non-trade of the season for me is me offering Snell for Kopech before he went beast mode and getting turned down. Fast forward and it turns out the team that rejected that deal would have won his wild card game with Snell in the line up over Kopech, and his team went ballistic in the semis, which would have been against me, and I would have lost. Instead, I got to face the team that beat him and move on. Now Snell is helping me extend my lead in the finals. He is emerging as a keeper, given his second half elite numbers, but this seems to be him at this point--a guy who struggles and gets hurt early and puts it together and shows elite skills late.

Comment

Snell was dropped a few months ago in my league when he was struggling. Guess who picked him up.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just need Hader to close it out now. What could go wrong? BTW, guess who dropped Hader in my league when he was struggling.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Padres starters--no runs allowed in 27+ innings.

BTW that pitch #117, was at 98 and Snell's 13th K

Oh and Hader 1-2-3 Carlson, Goldy and Arenado.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X