X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double shhhhh....

a no hitter and a perfect game currently going down
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    a no hitter and a perfect game currently going down
    ok, now just a Scherzer perfect game
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

ok, now just a Scherzer perfect game
      Dammit. They pulled him. Why did they pull him at 68 pitches?! Seems overly cautious.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-19-2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Dammit. They pulled him. I get big bonuses for no hitters and perfectos and I have Max. Why did they pull him at 68 pitches?!
        recently back from IL, not taking any chances. Want him healthy for the postseason I would guess
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Dammit. They pulled him. Why did they pull him at 68 pitches?! Seems overly cautious.
          They were worried too many Mets players and coaches would hurt themselves laughing at the Brewers.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

recently back from IL, not taking any chances. Want him healthy for the postseason I would guess
            Especially with two side injuries this year. I’m fine with pulling him. They need a DeGrom-Scherzer 1-2 for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Especially with two side injuries this year. I’m fine with pulling him. They need a DeGrom-Scherzer 1-2 for the playoffs.
              Um, but he could have gotten me more points. All that matters is this week and next to me, so ride him into the ground! My opponent has DeGrom, so they will probably pull him from his perfect game bid later this week, which will make me feel better. Both those guys are just so special, if they do stay healthy and in top form for the playoffs, they can carry the team to a title practically on their own.

Comment

Working...
              X