• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Thread

Keenan Allen out tonight

Damien Williams OUT
    Chris Godwin OUT
    Rondale Moore & Andy Isabella OUT

Justin Herbert has "fractured rib cartilage" which is somewhat good news, but he'll still probably not be 100% for awhile

Comment

Michael Pittman OUT

Comment

Alvin Kamara OUT

Comment

Julio Jones OUT

Comment

I think it's safe to say that the Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown has emerged as a top 10 WR now with the potential to be top 5. He's clearly been Goff's favorite WR with double-digit targets per game since week 12 of last season.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Panic is starting to set in for some fantasy owners after yesterday's games. If you're in a redraft league, these players are giving you the biggest cases of agita:

Justin Fields
              Mac Jones
              Matt Ryan
              Chase Edmonds
              Dameon Pierce
              Rhamondre Stevenson
              Cam Akers
              CeeDee Lamb
              DK Metcalf
              Romeo Doubs
              Skyy Moore
              George Pickens
              Kadarius Toney
              Darnell Mooney
              Kyle Pitts

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I think it's safe to say that the Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown has emerged as a top 10 WR now with the potential to be top 5. He's clearly been Goff's favorite WR with double-digit targets per game since week 12 of last season.
                Agree. I'd like to be able to break down film of him into/out of cuts. His speed and explosiveness out of cuts is pretty amazing. More Week 2 thoughts:

- Well, Washington, welcome to Dr. Carson and Mr. Wentz. You got Mr. Wentz this week in the first half. In fairness to Wentz, Washinton's run blocking is pathetic.
                - For fantasy football purposes, Curtis Samuel will likely provide some real value. Call him Deebo-lite.
                - The Tampa-NO game was old school, savage defensive football. And the refs were "letting them play" for the most part.
                - Does anyone else think Tom Brady's arm strength has seen another significant step down this year?
                - Whatever question the Colts were asking, Matt Ryan was the wrong answer. Yeah, I know with Pittman out the Colts receivers are bad, and one of the picks is on them, but Ryan had two picks that were all his fault.
                - And the Colts coaches own a big chunk of this, too. With Pittman out, it's pretty obvious who the best receiver is on the Colts, and it's Nyheim Hynes. He should be on the field a lot more, whether Taylor is in or now.
                - And on the other side, Lawrence wasn't flashy, but protected the ball and simply made no mistakes.
                - I did not get to see any of the Ravens-Dolphins game.
                - The Rams threw it into cruise control in the third quarter and almost threw away a game against the Falcons.
                - Drake London is better than I thought he'd be.
                - Trey Lance....brutal. Only saw bits and pieces of this game; mostly centered on the 49ers defense systematically demolishing the Seattle offense. Note to Pete Carroll: Those guys in red uniforms? Yeah, they probably shouldn't be in your offensive backfield before you can count to 2.
                - Nathanial Hackett did a great job in Green Bay, but he needs to simplify and quicken info to the QB.
                - I often pick on Mike McCarthy, but he put together a good, solid game plan against the Bengals. Moved Lamb around more. Used multiple pass rush schemes to overwhelm an inferior offensive line.
                - Joe Burrow is a seriously tough QB, but I don't see him surviving the year. Their OL is awful, and it's simply open season on the QB from the first snap.
                - Local talk radio was all about how AJ Dillon was better than Aaron Jones. LOL. Mind you, I love me watching AJ Dillon, but Aaron Jones acceleration is at a whole different level.
                - Note to Bears coaching staff: Y'all might want to get David Montgomery more like 25 touches a game. Cause your receivers really, really suck.

EDIT TO ADD: Looks like Mike Evans will be suspended for the Packer game. A bunch of fines, but Evans looks to me to be the only suspension.

EDIT TO ADD, Monday Night Edition:
                - One needs to look at the upsurge of the Eagles and the slide of the Titans to realize AJ Brown is a lot better than many - including me - gave him credit for.
                - That said, the Bills are on a whole different level. Maybe if the Titans have AJ Brown they only lose by 20.
                - Josh Allen makes really tough throws look ridiculously easy. 20 yard out from the far hash? Sure, no problem. Ball hits Stefon Diggs right in the hands on a line. 20+ yard touch pass to Kumerow from the center of the field? Sure.
                - And they did all this with Gabriel Davis out and Jake Kumerow as their #2 WR.
                - Wonder if Michael Irvin might just be regretting his "Kirk Cousins could be MVP this year" comment.
                - I think the Vikings defensive computer froze on like the second play. Because their defense sure didn't seem to change after that.
                - Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Trevor Lawrence, Carson Wentz and a few others should find out who worked with Jalen Hurts during the offseason. Then put whoever is was on speed dial. Hurts throwing accuracy was unreal. It's like he's morphed from Dakota Hudson to Clayton Kershaw in baseball terms.
                - Note to Vikings DBs: Rather than three of you tackling the football, you might want one of you to actually try and hit Jalen Hurts instead of getting humiliated as he drags three of you for about ten yards for a TD.
                - Note to Packers coaching staff: You might want to reconsider continuous zone defense against Justin Jefferson. Funny how man defense with their best DB and safety over help some of the time made Jefferson look mortal.
                - Adam Thielen looks like he's lost at least a step.
                Last edited by chancellor; 09-20-2022, 08:08 AM.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X