Last Minute Fliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Fliers

Sunday is the last day to pick up a player with rights for next year. Players will come with options for 2024 and 2025. Is there anyone likely still on the WW who could redraft in the top 200 next spring?

Here is who I've picked already.

Elly De La Cruz Cin - 3B,SS
    Ezequiel Duran Tex - 2B,3B,SS
    Félix Bautista Bal - RP
    Brett Baty NYM - 3B
    Matt Vierling Phi - 1B,3B,OF

I can handle an injured player so long as he's 100% for Spring Training.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-10-2022, 08:41 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Esteury Ruiz and Vidal Brujan are two players who could be helped by the shorter distance between (bigger) bases in 2023. They just need to learn how to hit MLB pitching. But that's true of every young player.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Sunday is the last day to pick up a player with rights for next year. Players will come with options for 2024 and 2025. Is there anyone likely still on the WW who could redraft in the top 200 next spring?

Here is who I've picked already.

Elly De La Cruz Cin - 3B,SS
      Ezequiel Duran Tex - 2B,3B,SS
      Félix Bautista Bal - RP
      Brett Baty NYM - 3B
      Matt Vierling Phi - 1B,3B,OF

I can handle an injured player so long as he's 100% for Spring Training.
      Don't know your league parameters....but assuming there are 400ish people rostered, you are asking who is not in the top 400 now, who will likely be in the top 200 next spring. Assuming your league mates are on top of things, there really isn't anyone. But possible a few may have slipped by. Bubba Thompson, Leody Tavares, McCarthy, D Villar...they should all be taken, but maybe not. And they might not be top 200 next year. The Angels closer maybe, but keeping closers is not always a great idea. I'd look at recent minor league call ups and hope they get hot.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Don't know your league parameters....but assuming there are 400ish people rostered, you are asking who is not in the top 400 now, who will likely be in the top 200 next spring. Assuming your league mates are on top of things, there really isn't anyone. But possible a few may have slipped by. Bubba Thompson, Leody Tavares, McCarthy, D Villar...they should all be taken, but maybe not. And they might not be top 200 next year. The Angels closer maybe, but keeping closers is not always a great idea. I'd look at recent minor league call ups and hope they get hot.
        Jose Siri ? Some stud reliever who isn't currently a closer? If your league is on top of things you are really just looking for lottery picks at this point, finding a sure top 200 player for next year should not really be possible at this point.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Good guess. 16 teams with a 30-man roster for 480.

Bubba Thompson is available I was hoping for someone less one-dimensional. I assume you mean Jake McCarthy, who is indeed long gone.

Minor league call-ups are what I had in mind, but RP proved more fertile. I had not checked in a while and Tanner Scott was sitting there. He has an ERA over 4.50, which is probably why he was on WW, but that fastball looks like a lottery ticket and he currently has the closer job in Miami. We can wait til training camp for the final decision.

Thanks for the feedback.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-10-2022, 03:40 PM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Reyes Moronta now with the D-Backs may have some potential for closing. Long road back from serious injury but he's back now and there should be an opportunity.

Comment

Soroka maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Soroka maybe?
                Good name but he was drafted and is on a long-term contract.

Available SP are the likes of Taijuan Walker and Tanner Houk. I'm surprised I found Tanner Scott.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                X