2023 breakouts NL edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 breakouts NL edition

I have found that the last few weeks of a season provides opportunities to roster potential keepers. Most NL only leagues have probably rostered most of the known 2023 “sleepers”. Who are your favorite flying under the radar players or previously overhyped players that have fallen in disrepute that may be worth a roster stash for next season? To get started: Estury Ruiz (falling out of favor); Lewis Brinson (will post hype ever produce?), Jose Azocar (CF for Padres may be wide open); Brubaker (surface stats aren’t up to underlying skills); JD Davis (Eno Sarris thinks SF 3B in 2023)

Others?

Originally posted by FBP View Post
    I have found that the last few weeks of a season provides opportunities to roster potential keepers. Most NL only leagues have probably rostered most of the known 2023 “sleepers”. Who are your favorite flying under the radar players or previously overhyped players that have fallen in disrepute that may be worth a roster stash for next season? To get started: Estury Ruiz (falling out of favor); Lewis Brinson (will post hype ever produce?), Jose Azocar (CF for Padres may be wide open); Brubaker (surface stats aren’t up to underlying skills); JD Davis (Eno Sarris thinks SF 3B in 2023)

Others?
    I wouldn't count on Sugar. While he's a great bench semi platoon guy, the Padres will have a glut of OFs on their roster next season. Soto and Grisham are under contract. Profar will no doubt exercise his option. Tatis will also be in the OF mix as I see Kim as the starting SS in SD until his contract is over. I like Azocar, I just don't see a path to steady playing time for the Padres in 2023.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Roansy Contreras of the Pirates. And keep an eye on Mitch Keller to see if he finishes strong and becomes a post-hype guy.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X