In memoriam: my final fantasy season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In memoriam: my final fantasy season

Exiting after being Commish of my league since 1999 and really hoping to go out with a bang.

We have a pretty unique league in that it's H2H points but half the pot goes to the top 4 in overall points. Only once or twice in history have we had a split champion -- happened to me once though. And I'll be damned but it's happening again now.

I have a 1000+ lead in the points race. Been dominant all year. Entered the H2H playoffs as the #1 seed with a week one bye. Now I'm playing in our "division series" -- where we add up the points from two weeks' games to determine the winner. (The world series totals 3 weeks).

I lost McClanahan, I lost Scherzer, they pulled DeGrom early, Cole Irvin is shitting the bed with regularity -- I'm now down 60 points with 5 days to go, and he has 5 starts left to my 4. Oh, and my bats are 2-30 so far this week.

The storybook final season was too much to ask. A shame, too, since it's likely the best team I've ever put together.

Maybe the fantasy gods will see the error of their ways and you will make a big comeback.

Comment

Good luck, Jefe!

Comment

UPDATE: I now have a small 10-point lead but he has 5 starts to my 2, now. (Irvin and Gausman).

Just need a couple of these guys to suck this week: Fried, Garcia, Giolito, Mikolas, Stroman.

His C Varsho hitting 2 HR off my starter Darvish kinda sucked. In our system that's a 24-point swing.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Be sure to come back to visit the otter forum, also known as the Sports Bar.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X