Mikolas - what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikolas - what gives?

Mikolas dominated the Reds for four innings, barely giving up a hit or two. Then in the fifth he gave up HR after HR. That seems to be a recent pattern. What gives?

Probably because he’s a mushballer who tops out at 93

Comment

The mlb.tv broadcast showed him hitting 96 I believe. But maybe that’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        The mlb.tv broadcast showed him hitting 96 I believe. But maybe that’s it.
        His velo is definitely up this year to the mid-90s, which has helped drive his early success. But if his command fails when he fatigues, then he'll still get hit pretty hard. He didn't pitch many innings last year, so I suspect the gas tank is running a bit dry right now.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Maybe this year is the outlier and he is just not as good as hoped.

He is 34 and with the exception of 2018 really not that good for fantasy purposes. Anyone who has him cheap this year has to be very happy with production given this year. Maybe more than a fellas has right to?

In our NL only he was picked up with faab for 5 bucks in 2021 and kept for this year. The owner has to be happy about that decision. I am guessing he will be trying to trade him in the off season.

What a great game we have!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Mikolas dominated the Reds for four innings, barely giving up a hit or two. Then in the fifth he gave up HR after HR. That seems to be a recent pattern. What gives?
            I give him a pass because there was a rain delay.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I acquired him in our NL only at $1, so seems a strong keeper for next year. But he has definitely hit a speed bump. Tough to figure out what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Maybe this year is the outlier and he is just not as good as hoped.

He is 34 and with the exception of 2018 really not that good for fantasy purposes. Anyone who has him cheap this year has to be very happy with production given this year. Maybe more than a fellas has right to?

In our NL only he was picked up with faab for 5 bucks in 2021 and kept for this year. The owner has to be happy about that decision. I am guessing he will be trying to trade him in the off season.

What a great game we have!
                The owner reached out to me last night via email to see if I was interested in his 5 and done Mikalos, He is looking for a reserve round upgrade. Looks like he was decent after the date of this original post.

Comment

Working...
                X