Tatis to be Suspended 80 Games for PEDs - Passan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    "I think we're hoping that from the offseason to now, that there would be some maturity," said Preller, via The Athletic. "And obviously with the news today, it's more of a pattern and something we've got to dig a little bit more into. I'm sure he's very disappointed, but at the end of the day, it's one thing to say it. You have to start by showing it with your actions."

"I think what we need to get to is a point in time where we trust," Preller said, via San Diego Union-Tribune. "Over the course of the last six or seven months, I think that's been something that we haven't really been able to have."

Ouch

And apparently, he got into TWO motorcycle accidents last offseason, not one, and hid both from the team.
    Preller has to take this seriously and it seems like he and the Padres are going to do just that.

Tatis is a great talent, but he's acted pretty selfishly since coming up. It will be pretty interesting to see what both sides do--Nando has quite a bit to prove to the Padres and though I'm sure management would like to be harsher to get the point across, they can't be too hard or they risk alienating the kid. It's a good thing they have Kim signed through 25 as they just traded Abrams, Tatis's replacement, should they indeed play hardball and try to void the contract (if that's even possible).

Truly disappointing .
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tough break for your padres, GITH-Doig. And for baseball.

And just after the deadline. Does this really imperil Preller’s job finally? Also, I suspect this locks in 2022 playing time for Kim and Cronenworth, despite Drury acquisition, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Tough break for your padres, GITH-Doig. And for baseball.

And just after the deadline. Does this really imperil Preller’s job finally? Also, I suspect this locks in 2022 playing time for Kim and Cronenworth, despite Drury acquisition, no?
        Nah Preller is going to be fine, especially if the Padres make the playoffs. There's already talk of a Soto extension so should THAT happen, he'd be even more assured of his position.

As to the Padres in 23--They have over 50 million coming off the books. They'll probably try and resign Clevinger, but I have to imagine he'll come in at an affordable price. Myers, Bell, Manaea, Stammen, Johnson and Mazara are FAs who most likely won't be resigned. The plan is to move Cronenworth to 1st, Drury at 2nd with Kim at SS and Manny at 3rd. OF will continue to be Profar, Grisham and Soto. So yeah, until (if) tatis comes back, this is the prelim Padre starters for the 1st 2 months of 23 barring trades or FA acquisitions.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Is Tatis now on the suspended list and no longer on the IL? Our keeper league doesn't have a slot for suspended meaning I'd have to take zeros for the time he misses this year and next.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
            Is Tatis now on the suspended list and no longer on the IL? Our keeper league doesn't have a slot for suspended meaning I'd have to take zeros for the time he misses this year and next.
            I’m pretty sure he’s now on the suspended list

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              I’m pretty sure he’s now on the suspended list
              Incorrect....he is on the 80 day IL with ringworm
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

In my league you get faced with $5 increase each year kept. He was kept for $12 this season for no stats. If he keeps him next season $17. It must be tough to be a Tatis owner.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  In my league you get faced with $5 increase each year kept. He was kept for $12 this season for no stats. If he keeps him next season $17. It must be tough to be a Tatis owner.
                  I'd be happy to be a Tatis owner that could keep him for $17.
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    I'd be happy to be a Tatis owner that could keep him for $17.
                    Yeah it should be a good deal and I hope the kid learns his lesson.

Comment

Good insights, GITH. Isn’t Drury a free agent too though?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Good insights, GITH. Isn’t Drury a free agent too though?
                        I’m pretty sure you’re correct

For some reason Cots has him listed as FA in 24 and A4 next season which can’t be right can it?

If there’s no Drury in 23. That opens up more options maybe eguy will get a shot

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X