Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatis to be Suspended 80 Games for PEDs - Passan

Jeez:

The last 48 games of this season, the first 32 games of next season, and the entire postseason.

So let’s recap — he got hurt in a forbidden activity, then took PEDs and got suspended, and will have missed 194 games + the postseason. Nice job.

Comment

So uh...lower him in my rankings?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Does he still get a ring if the Padres win it all?
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Does he still get a ring if the Padres win it all?
          Does he still get into the HOF when he produces the kind of career most people expect of him?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Tatis is claiming his use of clostebol is due to being included in a ringworm medication. That’s as big a bunch of BS as I’ve ever heard. Turns out it’s also in a supplement that many other athletes also got suspended for.

Man up, Fernando. You got caught using. Don’t give us some gobbledygook that you were too itchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Does he still get into the HOF when he produces the kind of career most people expect of him?
              I'm hearing that the HOFers and the baseball writers are starting to warm up to the idea of letting in Bonds and Clemens. So, there could be a "steroid wing" in the HOF by the time Tatis is eligible.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I'm hearing that the HOFers and the baseball writers are starting to warm up to the idea of letting in Bonds and Clemens. So, there could be a "steroid wing" in the HOF by the time Tatis is eligible.
                At this rate Tatis may be eligible but won’t make the cut

Comment

He may as well get that shoulder surgery now, he has all the time in the world

Comment

This was something to wake up to....

Kid needs to get his shit together or the Padres might void that contract and give that money to Soto...
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I own 2 shares. This is brutal. In my keep forever league I have to take a 0 from his lineup spot once I bring him off IR.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

In one league, I have an option to extend 1 of my expiring-contract players for a year. I'm now faced a decision that was absolutely preposterous before the season began: do I extend Tatis or Rowdy Tellez? They are the same salary.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          In one league, I have an option to extend 1 of my expiring-contract players for a year. I'm now faced a decision that was absolutely preposterous before the season began: do I extend Tatis or Rowdy Tellez? They are the same salary.
                          That is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            That is crazy!
                            I was being somewhat facetious. If Tatis is healthy, He's the one I'll extend.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              This was something to wake up to....

Kid needs to get his shit together or the Padres might void that contract and give that money to Soto...
                              "I think we're hoping that from the offseason to now, that there would be some maturity," said Preller, via The Athletic. "And obviously with the news today, it's more of a pattern and something we've got to dig a little bit more into. I'm sure he's very disappointed, but at the end of the day, it's one thing to say it. You have to start by showing it with your actions."

"I think what we need to get to is a point in time where we trust," Preller said, via San Diego Union-Tribune. "Over the course of the last six or seven months, I think that's been something that we haven't really been able to have."

Ouch

And apparently, he got into TWO motorcycle accidents last offseason, not one, and hid both from the team.

Keep in mind that Tatis suffered a fractured wrist in a motorcycle accident during the offseason. When asked the date of his accident, Tatis replied with a question: "Which one?"

Which motorcycle accident? In the same offseason?

Comment

Working...
                              X