Biggest Surprise of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Surprise of the Season

With the biggest disappointment thread I'd thought I'd do the opposite. I've been trying to give away Tyler Anderson of the Dodgers with no bites and now I'm glad nobody took him off my hands. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you couldn't make

Verlander. I thought he would do good but never imagine him pitching this well. Last year I drafted him for a buck so one of my better moves. Bard, Swanson, Drury and Arraez are unexected surprises.

Comment

Adolis, J-Rod, Rosario, Estrada, Gimenez, Strider, Mikolas, Helsley

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Gimenez and Cease
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

It's gotta be Brandon Drury 1st overall on this list. Apparently he was only drafted in like 4 NFBC leagues total out of all NFBC drafts from the spring.

Speaking of spring... Jeffrey Springs is quite the revelation from out of nowhere!

In the bullpen, I've loved Minter's season, and Felix Bautista has been an out of nowhere sensation.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Martin Perez
            Tyler Anderson
            Johnny Cueto coming back from the dead
            Brandon Drury

Dylan Cease? He had 226 Ks last season. Anything he did this season clearly had skills behind them.

Comment

Cristian Javier is having a very good season. Would you believe that he has more Ks than either Verlander, Wheeler or Bieber? 3.14 ERA and 1.04 WHIP. He was iffy to even be in the Houston rotation preseason. I nabbed him for $1 and he is one of my best keepers.

Also, Tyler Wells. Hurt now but has a 1.4 fWAR, which projects to 2.1 for the season. I thought he'd struggle to make it thru 5 innings and get put back in the bullpen. Since 4/27 he's gone at least 5 IP in 12 of 17 starts. 3.90 ERA and 1.11 WHIP. Not a stud but another unexpectedly valuable contributor that I nabbed for $1.

And Patrick Wisdom! Again, not a stud but a good run producer if you can absorb the low batting average. 1.3 fWAR which projects to 2.0. You dont expect this from a guy who was a 29 y/o rookie last year w a K% of 40%. On draft day, I was wondering how this guy ended up on my team but now I'm glad he did. For the price I got him for, he'll likely be another keeper.

Comment

Kyle Wright delivering this year.

13-5 with a 3.22 ERA, 1.166 WHIP , 124 k's, 2.8 WAR

Comment

Anyone who grabbed Berti has to be happy with 28 SB and counting.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Anyone who grabbed Berti has to be happy with 28 SB and counting.
                    Even more so w Jorge Mateo. Not only does he lead the AL w 26 SBs but he has 11 HRs to boot and is playing basically every day.

Comment

Strider: I thought, why not take a chance on a guy who throws this hard? Talk about a great last-pick flier.
                      Goldy: Nobody thought he would be this good.
                      Edman: Vastly exceeded my expectations. Has carried many of my teams in SB.
                      Swanson: Not a surprise that he's good, but surprised he is THIS good.
                      Gimenez: Going to be an easy 15-15 guy. Thought he was a flame-out.
                      Thairo Estrada: Where did this guy come from?
                      Adolis Garcia: Nobody truly believed on draft day.
                      Profar: Suprisingly steady.
                      Rizzo: Thought he was toast.

Comment

Rowdy Tellez is on pace for 33 HRs and 105 RBIs

Comment

Given that I am in last place, it is not remotely surprising to see none of my players mentioned thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Given that I am in last place, it is not remotely surprising to see none of my players mentioned thus far.
                            It's too bad Matthew 20:16 doesn't apply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Martin Perez
                              Tyler Anderson
                              Johnny Cueto coming back from the dead
                              Brandon Drury

Dylan Cease? He had 226 Ks last season. Anything he did this season clearly had skills behind them.
                              I agree with Tyler Anderson. Perez not so much. He's been turning into a classic control lefty and finally got some consistency.
                              Essentially it's the same argument as you have on Cease but with a different skill set.

In March, Cease was keeping with some decent company but it was the with likes of Montas and Berrios, not Woodruff and Nola. In 2020 he was largely undrafted and Robbie Ray had a ton of Ks for how many years?

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Rowdy Tellez is on pace for 33 HRs and 105 RBIs
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X