Rank These Pitchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank These Pitchers

Also how much FAAB would you spend for NL only 5x5 10 teams.

Montgomery, Odorizzi, Thor.

Montgomery, Odorizzi, Thor for me, but these guys are all pretty close.

Comment

Monty/Thor/Odorizzi

Odorizzi is not fully healthy. Monty a tier or two above Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        Also how much FAAB would you spend for NL only 5x5 10 teams.

Montgomery, Odorizzi, Thor.
        If you need pitching, a lot. What are you saving it for after this week?

I agree with SM's rankings.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          If you need pitching, a lot. What are you saving it for after this week?

I agree with SM's rankings.
          I have $50 left but we also have a active salary cap of $300. I have $254 active salary. I Harper reserved and he will cost $41 if he comes back but I have an options where I can after Sept 1 where I can buy an extra hitting and pitching slot. I also have Rogers for $20 which he might go to reserve after FAAB tonight. For SP I have Fried, Morton, Lopez and surprisingly Quintana. On my reserve I have Megill, Houser and Peterson. I also need to address my closer as I have Rogers, Minter, Dominguez and Bedard so I will have to go for Crowe on Pit. Amazingly enough I'm in 3rd place 4 points out of 1st.

Comment

Personally i would bid close to max on Montgomery if you think you can win by doing it. He is far and away the best pitcher of the three.

Comment

I have $50 left but we also have a active salary cap of $300. I have $254 active salary. I Harper reserved and he will cost $41 if he comes back but I have an options where I can after Sept 1 where I can buy an extra hitting and pitching slot. I also have Rogers for $20 which he might go to reserve after FAAB tonight. For SP I have Fried, Morton, Lopez and surprisingly Quintana. On my reserve I have Megill, Houser and Peterson. I also need to address my closer as I have Rogers, Minter, Dominguez and Bedard so I will have to go for Crowe on Pit. Amazingly enough I'm in 3rd place 4 points out of 1st.
              There are a lot of moving parts here. Rogers needs to be benched. Harper likely won't be back until sometime in Sep and shouldn't be a factor in this.

I'd be thinking 20-25 for a player who will help you given your cap space.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                There are a lot of moving parts here. Rogers needs to be benched. Harper likely won't be back until sometime in Sep and shouldn't be a factor in this.

I'd be thinking 20-25 for a player who will help you given your cap space.
                Yeah I agree. Montgomery is the top pitcher. I'm not sold on the other two. Thor is playing in a park where it may hurt his numbers. Odorizzi I have as my second choice but he might go cheaper than the other two.

Comment

I upped my bids to over to $35 and lost on all 3 pitchers. Thor went to the 9th place team for $39. I have no idea how that helps he never trades. Odorizzi and Montgomery went for $36. Marsh went for $25. Gallo went for $19. I did get Crowe $9 to replace Bedard.

Comment

I upped my bids to over to $35 and lost on all 3 pitchers. Thor went to the 9th place team for $39. I have no idea how that helps he never trades. Odorizzi and Montgomery went for $36. Marsh went for $25. Gallo went for $19. I did get Crowe $9 to replace Bedard.
                    Sucks about the SP; glad you got Crowe. I think many teams share the mentality of "what am I saving it for?"

No harm in reaching out to Thor's owner.

Comment

Working...
                    X