Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Post Trade Deadline Free Agent Targets

  1. #1
    MVP The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,928

    Post Trade Deadline Free Agent Targets

    So who should be free agent targets now that the trading is done

    Angels Closer ? - Iglesias traded
    Orioles Closer ? - Lopez Traded
    Cubs Closer ? - Robertson traded
    Aristedes Aquino might be full time now and i think he hit well at AAA

    Who else has added value based on the moves made the last few days ?

  2. #2
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So who should be free agent targets now that the trading is done

    Angels Closer ? - Iglesias traded
    Orioles Closer ? - Lopez Traded
    Cubs Closer ? - Robertson traded
    Aristedes Aquino might be full time now and i think he hit well at AAA

    Who else has added value based on the moves made the last few days ?
    Pump the brakes on Aquino. I say that because I've personally fallen victim and bought into the hype before, but I wont do it again.

    He's striking out over 36% of the time at AAA, he's just getting a .432 BABIP there. Looks like the exact same profile that failed at the mlb level, I would not buy.

  3. #3
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,980
    Eh, I'd guess Aaron Loup for the Angels maybe?
    Bautista
    Wick? (Givens also traded)

    Bautista looks good, the others look like fodder

  4. #4
    MVP The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Pump the brakes on Aquino. I say that because I've personally fallen victim and bought into the hype before, but I wont do it again.

    He's striking out over 36% of the time at AAA, he's just getting a .432 BABIP there. Looks like the exact same profile that failed at the mlb level, I would not buy.
    okay, target may be too broad a term...but depending on your team he could be worth a flier. Just have realistic expectations

  5. #5
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    okay, target may be too broad a term...but depending on your team he could be worth a flier. Just have realistic expectations
    fair.

    If you need a .150 hitter who might hit some homeruns then he may be your guy!

  6. #6
    MVP The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    fair.

    If you need a .150 hitter who might hit some homeruns then he may be your guy!
    *.167

  7. #7
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    *.167
    I was assuming some regression to the ... well not to the mean... to the random AAAA guy who can't make contact's typical average.

    Regression away from the mean, yeah that's it!

  8. #8
    MVP The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I was assuming some regression to the ... well not to the mean... to the random AAAA guy who can't make contact's typical average.

    Regression away from the mean, yeah that's it!
    yeah, 10 K's in his last 20 AB. 1BB, so he isn't at 50%. Probably not a great target.

  9. #9
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So who should be free agent targets now that the trading is done

    Angels Closer ? - Iglesias traded
    Orioles Closer ? - Lopez Traded
    Cubs Closer ? - Robertson traded
    Aristedes Aquino might be full time now and i think he hit well at AAA

    Who else has added value based on the moves made the last few days ?
    Closers:
    Tepera, Loup Angels
    Baustita Orioles
    Wicks, Hughes Cubs

  10. #10
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,864
    With Merrifield gone, I'm watching Edward Olivares.

    Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

    The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •