Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Soto A Padre

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    the Gallo option makes a lot of sense - and Hosmer wouldn't nix that (I don't think)
    Hosmer can only nix trades to 10 teams

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    My guess is either to NYY for Gallo or in a deal with the Cubs for Contreras.
    Who else do the Pads have left in their system to deal for Contreras? I would guess he's going to command at least 2 VERY good prospects.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    But the Yanks would -- Gallo is a FA at the end of the year while Hosmer is owed $39m over the next three years and would be a PH
    Pads were going to pick up the next 2 years of that salary anyhow, I don't think that'd change.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Who else do the Pads have left in their system to deal for Contreras? I would guess he's going to command at least 2 VERY good prospects.
    Campusano, Merrill.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    Campusano, Merrill.
    Congrats all the trades. I guess Preller outdid himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Congrats all the trades. I guess Preller outdid himself.
    He had to, he's been on the hot seat since last year's deadline debacle and subsequent collapse

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    So Hosmer is still a Padres.

The fact Boras reps them all makes it very unlikely Hos will scuttle the deal--he'll most likely get extra dollars maybe a Dave and Busters gift card to get it done.
    Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    So Hosmer is still a Padres.
    Only until they can find one of the 20 other teams they can deal him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Wanna bet?
    Gamblin Man Ken!

So the Pads STILL get Soto and don't have to part with that Dave and Buster Gift Card--I'd say it's a win!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.