Soto A Padre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    the Gallo option makes a lot of sense - and Hosmer wouldn't nix that (I don't think)
    Hosmer can only nix trades to 10 teams

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      My guess is either to NYY for Gallo or in a deal with the Cubs for Contreras.
      Who else do the Pads have left in their system to deal for Contreras? I would guess he's going to command at least 2 VERY good prospects.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        But the Yanks would -- Gallo is a FA at the end of the year while Hosmer is owed $39m over the next three years and would be a PH
        Pads were going to pick up the next 2 years of that salary anyhow, I don't think that'd change.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Who else do the Pads have left in their system to deal for Contreras? I would guess he's going to command at least 2 VERY good prospects.
          Campusano, Merrill.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Campusano, Merrill.
            Congrats all the trades. I guess Preller outdid himself.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Congrats all the trades. I guess Preller outdid himself.
              He had to, he's been on the hot seat since last year's deadline debacle and subsequent collapse

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So Hosmer is still a Padres.

Comment

The fact Boras reps them all makes it very unlikely Hos will scuttle the deal--he'll most likely get extra dollars maybe a Dave and Busters gift card to get it done.
                  Wanna bet?

Comment

So Hosmer is still a Padres.
                    Only until they can find one of the 20 other teams they can deal him to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wanna bet?
                      Gamblin Man Ken!

So the Pads STILL get Soto and don't have to part with that Dave and Buster Gift Card--I'd say it's a win!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        What if no team wants him?

Comment

He is going to end up on the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            I don't see how Hosmer will remain a Padre. The Padre fan base was done with him last season and he's been kind of an ass since those trade rumors last season and now this. If he ever sees the field in Petco, you'll hear the boos in Georgia.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Nats did, kind of...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't see how Hosmer will remain a Padre. The Padre fan base was done with him last season and he's been kind of an ass since those trade rumors last season and now this. If he ever sees the field in Petco, you'll hear the boos in Georgia.
                                For wanting to remain a Padre?

Fans are weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X