• Show
Clear All

• Hader Traded to SD in Blockbuster

for Taylor Rogers, Estury Ruiz, Dinelson Lamet, a couple of others

Originally posted by revo View Post
    for Taylor Rogers, Estury Ruiz, Dinelson Lamet, a couple of others
    Preller is going all in

They also signed Musgrove to a 5 year extension
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I just traded Baty for Hader and scraps, and was initially terrified that Hader might have been dealt into a set-up or co-closer situation. Glad to see Rogers going to Milwaukee.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I just traded Baty for Hader and scraps, and was initially terrified that Hader might have been dealt into a set-up or co-closer situation. Glad to see Rogers going to Milwaukee.
        Hader is arguably the best closer in baseball. It's unlikely that he would be in a setup role (or even co-closer).

Comment

pretty much everyone who has Devin Williams now has a keeper. Love this deal!

Comment

I have Ruiz but not sure what the Brewers are going to do with him. Send him to the minors? Or in some type of platoon with Taylor? They both bat right.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              I have Ruiz but not sure what the Brewers are going to do with him. Send him to the minors? Or in some type of platoon with Taylor? They both bat right.
              Was hoping he would be involved in a Soto deal and have an opportunity to maybe lead off for the Nats. Seems like a murkier situation for him in Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                Was hoping he would be involved in a Soto deal and have an opportunity to maybe lead off for the Nats. Seems like a murkier situation for him in Milwaukee.
                It could be that the Nats are dragging their feet on what to do with Soto so the Padres might have moved on.

Comment

I read that Ruiz is going to Nashville so Taylor job is safe for know. Was this a good deal for the Brewers? I feel that the Padres got better end of the deal for now.

Comment

Taylor Rogers is a FA at the end of the season, so not sure I understand exactly what Milwaukee is doing here. Rogers will be a setup guy, Lamet is a reclamation project, Gasser isn't a top prospect, and Ruiz, who knows? Why would a team in 1st place trade away the best closer in baseball for a bunch of, uhhh, stuff?

Comment

Taylor Rogers is a FA at the end of the season, so not sure I understand exactly what Milwaukee is doing here. Rogers will be a setup guy, Lamet is a reclamation project, Gasser isn't a top prospect, and Ruiz, who knows? Why would a team in 1st place trade away the best closer in baseball for a bunch of, uhhh, stuff?
                      From what I've read, MIL was not planning to pay Hader post-arbitration in 2023 at all. Maybe they thought they could get more for him now? It seems like a decent haul if Ruiz is good. Not saying I agree for a contending team to do this, but it's a sort of explanation.

Comment

Great tweet in response to that statement the Brewers made:

Ethan Budowsky
                        @ethanbudowsky
                        If you have to release a statement after you make a trade you probably made a really bad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          From what I've read, MIL was not planning to pay Hader post-arbitration in 2023 at all. Maybe they thought they could get more for him now? It seems like a decent haul if Ruiz is good. Not saying I agree for a contending team to do this, but it's a sort of explanation.
                          Yeah, IF Ruiz is good. I would've thought any haul for Hader would need to include some kind of sure-thing types. And not mid-season when they have title aspirations. Bizarre.

Comment

Yeah, IF Ruiz is good. I would've thought any haul for Hader would need to include some kind of sure-thing types. And not mid-season when they have title aspirations. Bizarre.
                            Unless they know something is not right with Hader.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Unless they know something is not right with Hader.
                              I hope he doesn't have taylorrogersitis
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X