No announcement yet.

Hader Traded to SD in Blockbuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For roughly the last 3 months, Hader has an ERA of about 5.50 and a WHIP if 1.31...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      For roughly the last 3 months, Hader has an ERA of about 5.50 and a WHIP if 1.31...
      That's really strange way to frame the data. Hader had a 0.0 ERA through June 6. (over a month into your 3 month window).

He still had a 1.82 ERA through July 12th. Then on July 13th and 15th he imploded giving up 9 runs and only getting 1 out.

Since then he has pitched 4 IP and giving up 3 hits, 1 BB and 1 ER while striking out 7 (back to normal). I don't see any reason to believe those 2 back to back days in July, where he was clearly having a problem, are more representative than the 3.5 months before and 4 appearances since.

Because he blew those two games, his stats are bloated, you aren't wrong with the raw numbers, but I don't think that paints a realistic picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        That's really strange way to frame the data. Hader had a 0.0 ERA through June 6. (over a month into your 3 month window).

He still had a 1.82 ERA through July 12th. Then on July 13th and 15th he imploded giving up 9 runs and only getting 1 out.

Since then he has pitched 4 IP and giving up 3 hits, 1, BB and 1 ER while striking out 7 (back to normal). I don't see any reason to believe those 2 back to back days in July, where he was clearly having a problem, are more representative than the 3.5 months before and 4 appearances since.

Because he blew those two games, his stats are bloated, you aren't wrong with the raw numbers, but I don't think that paints a realistic picture.
        Yeah I had the same exact reaction. Glad you did the stat legwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Since then he has pitched 4 IP and giving up 3 hits, 1 BB and 1 ER while striking out 7 (back to normal). I don't see any reason to believe those 2 back to back days in July, where he was clearly having a problem, are more representative than the 3.5 months before and 4 appearances since.

I'm a strange person...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Unless they know something is not right with Hader.
            There were rumors that Hader's wife and/or child had some health issues following the birth of their child a few weeks ago. So, perhaps the reason for Hader's poor performance was a lack of focus, which would be understandable if that is indeed the case. It's easy to forget that these players have more important things in their lives than baseball. He seemed to finish strong at the end of July.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Lamet is a reclamation project
              apparently a project for someone else. The Brewers DFA'd him.

Comment

Working...
              X