Trade Deadline Housekeeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline Housekeeping

We are approaching the trading deadline. Deals have to execute by 14 August, so basically, deals have to be accepted by 11 August. I will be losing a ton of SP to expiring contracts but I get my ace back.

Would this core be workable going into the winter?

SP Gerrit Cole NYY - SP
    SP Dylan Cease CWS - SP
    SP Patrick Sandoval LAA - SP
    SP Aaron Ashby Mil - SP,RP
    SP Drew Rasmussen TB - SP,RP

I have a couple of lottery tickets

BN DL Hall Bal - SP
    BN Dustin May LAD - SP

Cease has four more years, which makes him one of the most valuable SP in the league.
    Sandoval, Rasmussen, and May have expensive options. It's unclear whether they will be worth the cost.
    In contrast, Ashby and Hall are quite cheap
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    We are approaching the trading deadline. Deals have to execute by 14 August, so basically, deals have to be accepted by 11 August. I will be losing a ton of SP to expiring contracts but I get my ace back.

Would this core be workable going into the winter?

SP Gerrit Cole NYY - SP
    SP Dylan Cease CWS - SP
    SP Patrick Sandoval LAA - SP
    SP Aaron Ashby Mil - SP,RP
    SP Drew Rasmussen TB - SP,RP

I have a couple of lottery tickets

BN DL Hall Bal - SP
    BN Dustin May LAD - SP

Cease has four more years, which makes him one of the most valuable SP in the league.
    Sandoval, Rasmussen, and May have expensive options. It's unclear whether they will be worth the cost.
    In contrast, Ashby and Hall are quite cheap
    I'm not sure what you are asking and you haven't provided a lot of relevant info... but yes if you can keep Cole and Cease at reasonable prices you should be fine.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Looks very workable and those lottery tickets could easily work out too. With the two aces plus cheap Ashby and Hall you have a solid base even if you end up not being comfortable pulling the trigger on any of your expensive options.

Will be really intriguing to see how May does ROS. He's a difference maker when right.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Looks very workable and those lottery tickets could easily work out too. With the two aces plus cheap Ashby and Hall you have a solid base even if you end up not being comfortable pulling the trigger on any of your expensive options.

Will be really intriguing to see how May does ROS. He's a difference maker when right.
        Thanks. that's exactly what I was looking for.

Last winter I was stacked with SP so the position was neglected in the talent acquisition phase last February. Now is my last chance to make a move, other than WW fliers.

What's annoying is that one of the other managers has made at least three trade proposals and pulled them back before I could respond.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Ashby has an era over 4 and a whip of 1.45. Depending on his salary and league size he may not even be a keeper. Hall is still in the minors with an era over 4 and a 1.33 whip. Again hard to say he is a keeper without more info. I would be unlikely to keep either in most formats and I certainly would not view them as valuable
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I can't imagine keeping Ashby, he's almost cuttable for me in some leagues.

You listed SP/RP, is this one of those weird leagues where RP vs SP matters?

Comment

If cheap as stated, Ashby is a keeper IMO. Brewers think so too after extending him.

Good pitchers body, good bloodlines, good K rate, only LH starter in a good rotation on a good team (edit - forgot Lauer, oops). Gives opponents a different look. Can learn a lot from Burnes, Woodruff's and Peralta's development.

Struggled over 3 or 4 starts just before/after going on the IL in June with left forearm irritation.

Easy to envision him taking another step forward next year.

Comment

If cheap as stated, Ashby is a solid keeper IMO. Brewers think so too after extending him.

Good pitchers body, good bloodlines, good K rate, only LH starter in a good rotation on a good team. Gives opponents a different look. Can learn a lot from Burnes, Woodruff's and Peralta's development.

Struggled over 3 or 4 starts just before going on the IL in June with left forearm irritation.

Easy to envision him taking another step forward next year.
                This is an 8 team mixed league with weekly lineups. So only about 50 starters have value at all. So I don't think Ashby or Hall make the cut
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yeah he's not even close to keepable in an 8 team league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Yeah he's not even close to keepable in an 8 team league.
                    Actually I just made that part up....to make the point that there is not enough info provided for us to provide helpful recommendations. How can anyone decide if Ashby is a keeper if they don't know the league size?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Actually I just made that part up....to make the point that there is not enough info provided for us to provide helpful recommendations. How can anyone decide if Ashby is a keeper if they don't know the league size?
                      Hah, nice.

I see both AL and NL team names, so it's not an Only league.

I guess if it's a 20 team league you should be keeping him if he has a cheap salary. But if you play in a 20 team league you probably know that already.

Comment

Hah, nice.

I see both AL and NL team names, so it's not an Only league.

I guess if it's a 20 team league you should be keeping him if he has a cheap salary. But if you play in a 20 team league you probably know that already.
                        It's a 16-team league so 8-team only is fairly accurate though this league plays bigger because of the roster size.

Given the option cost for Ashby or Hall, anyone draftable in a 2023 15-team league is a no-brainer. For May to be worth his option he would need to be top 200 next March.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          It's a 16-team league so 8-team only is fairly accurate though this league plays bigger because of the roster size.

Given the option cost for Ashby or Hall, anyone draftable in a 2023 15-team league is a no-brainer. For May to be worth his option he would need to be top 200 next March.
                          16 team I'd pass on Ashby as a keeper personally.

Comment

Agree, or if he is that "valuable" trade him.

Comment

He has a contract through 2027 and low option costs til 2025.

J
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-02-2022, 04:39 PM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X