Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Housekeeping

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Actually I just made that part up....to make the point that there is not enough info provided for us to provide helpful recommendations. How can anyone decide if Ashby is a keeper if they don't know the league size?
    Hah, nice.

I see both AL and NL team names, so it's not an Only league.

I guess if it's a 20 team league you should be keeping him if he has a cheap salary. But if you play in a 20 team league you probably know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hah, nice.

I see both AL and NL team names, so it's not an Only league.

I guess if it's a 20 team league you should be keeping him if he has a cheap salary. But if you play in a 20 team league you probably know that already.
    It's a 16-team league so 8-team only is fairly accurate though this league plays bigger because of the roster size.

Given the option cost for Ashby or Hall, anyone draftable in a 2023 15-team league is a no-brainer. For May to be worth his option he would need to be top 200 next March.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    It's a 16-team league so 8-team only is fairly accurate though this league plays bigger because of the roster size.

Given the option cost for Ashby or Hall, anyone draftable in a 2023 15-team league is a no-brainer. For May to be worth his option he would need to be top 200 next March.
    16 team I'd pass on Ashby as a keeper personally.

Hall of Famer
    Agree, or if he is that "valuable" trade him.

He has a contract through 2027 and low option costs til 2025.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-02-2022 at 05:39 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

With a contract through 2027 and low option cost til 2025?
    I assume you don't have to decide until the offseason...but as of right now Ashby has an era over 4 and a whip of 1.45. Explain it away how you want, but in many leagues that is not a keeper. Your league is apparently very deep, so you can decide what to do, but he's not some amazing pitcher at this point in time.

EDIT: he has potential to be better, but depending on your number of keepers, your other potential keepers, and whether you need him to actually be good to compete next year you may or may not want to keep him.

I assume you don't have to decide until the offseason...but as of right now Ashby has an era over 4 and a whip of 1.45. Explain it away how you want, but in many leagues that is not a keeper. Your league is apparently very deep, so you can decide what to do, but he's not some amazing pitcher at this point in time.

EDIT: he has potential to be better, but depending on your number of keepers, your other potential keepers, and whether you need him to actually be good to compete next year you may or may not want to keep him.
    To keep, correct. If I want to trade him, I have about a week.

Nick Pollack at The Pitcher List has this blurb.

I’m not as excited for Aaron Ashby as his command is a bit more in question, but I’d still be grabbing him in all leagues.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

He has a contract through 2027 and low option costs til 2025.

I’m not as excited for Aaron Ashby as his command is a bit more in question, but I’d still be grabbing him in all leagues.
    I see you edited your post. That comment has no context and likely is a recommendation for a FA pickup (I'd be grabbing him....). The difference between taking a shot on a free agent and actually putting a guy on your keeper list is significant. You don't need to convince anyone if you want to keep him, but you asked for input and you are getting it.

To keep, correct. If I want to trade him, I have about a week.

Ashby is a cheap guy apparently, with mediocre performance, and some upside. If that is someone you want to keep go ahead. It may be a good decision for some teams and not others. But he is not close to a sure thing. If someone will trade you proven value for him I'd probably take them up on the offer.

Ashby is a cheap guy apparently, with mediocre performance, and some upside. If that is someone you want to keep go ahead. It may be a good decision for some teams and not others. But he is not close to a sure thing. If someone will trade you proven value for him I'd probably take them up on the offer.
    I agree that he's not Dustin May as a prospect. On the other hand, if May had Ashby's contract we would not be doing this thread because I would be dancing in the streets.

I had two not-sure-things at this point last season--Sandoval and Cease. You rolls the dice...

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera