Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AL keeper-league trade options - yea or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL keeper-league trade options - yea or nay?

I'm in the hunt for 1st place in my AL only, with 3-yr max keepers. A couple trades offered to me that I'd like any inputs on:

I give:
    A Rosario $7B
    S Espinal$4A
    for (non-keeper prices)
    Vlad
    M Brantley
    Tony Kemp

I give:
    MJ Melendez $1A
    S Espinal $4A
    for (non-keeper prices)
    Vlad
    M Brantley
    M Maldonado
    JP Crawford $8A

I give:
    D Cease $17A
    for
    Vlad
    J Ryan $10A

Like any of these?

I think I like option 2 best
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I think I like option 2 best
      What the Slasher said.

Comment

What is it that you like about #2 vs #1? Is it getting an $8 Crawford, or not giving up a $1 Melendez instead of $7B Rosario? Melendez is looking to be a good keeper at a difficult position, so I value him pretty highly at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
          What is it that you like about #2 vs #1? Is it getting an $8 Crawford, or not giving up a $1 Melendez instead of $7B Rosario? Melendez is looking to be a good keeper at a difficult position, so I value him pretty highly at this point.
          To speak for them...
          In 2022,
          Vlad>>>>>>>>>>>Espinal
          MJM >> Maldonado
          So, you arent giving up all that much production if flags fly forever. Who cares about MJM if it means winning the league with Vlad. Plus you are giving up a decent amount of speed without replacing it in deal 1.

Comment

I'd rather give up Melendez than Rosario to start. I didn't do extensive research....just looks to be a significantly better deal
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              To speak for them...
              In 2022,
              Vlad>>>>>>>>>>>Espinal
              MJM >> Maldonado
              So, you arent giving up all that much production if flags fly forever. Who cares about MJM if it means winning the league with Vlad. Plus you are giving up a decent amount of speed without replacing it in deal 1.
              Yeah - it's just that Vlad and Espinal are in both trades (1 and 2), so the difference is Amed-for-Brantley vs. MJM-for-Brantley and Crawford, basically.

But I get it. Just easy to get excited about a $1 stud catcher for the next two years, even if that is far from a certainty with MJM (the stud part or the catcher part).

Comment

Yeah - it's just that Vlad and Espinal are in both trades (1 and 2), so the difference is Amed-for-Brantley vs. MJM-for-Brantley and Crawford, basically.

But I get it. Just easy to get excited about a $1 stud catcher for the next two years, even if that is far from a certainty with MJM (the stud part or the catcher part).
                You do realize Brantley is out for a while right?

Comment

Yeah, thanks I thought I had read somewhere that he was expected back first week of August, but that article sounds less optimistic.

Comment

I also like #2 best. Espinal and Crawford are a wash so it's Vlad for MJ as Brantley and MM are throw-ins. I'd want Cease and Rosario on my team if I was making a title run; if I'm trading them I'd want an extra non-keeper in return who replaces their stats.

With #3 you get a keeper back in Ryan and could probably flip him for another good player but I think I'd want more for Cease. I might send out feelers to other dumpers to see what they'd give for Ryan before making this trade.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      I also like #2 best. Espinal and Crawford are a wash so it's Vlad for MJ as Brantley and MM are throw-ins. I'd want Cease and Rosario on my team if I was making a title run; if I'm trading them I'd want an extra non-keeper in return who replaces their stats.

With #3 you get a keeper back in Ryan and could probably flip him for another good player but I think I'd want more for Cease. I might send out feelers to other dumpers to see what they'd give for Ryan before making this trade.
                      More or less agree, but I would not trade Cease right now, he is pitching too well
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

In a vacuum, I'm the outlier at #3. However, it would all depend on how much you need the delta of Cease over Ryan.
                        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
                        X