Trade Wander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Wander?

Teams are asking about Tatis/Franco (keep up to 4 forever backfilled from round 22). I'm in 7th (top 6 make the playoffs) with a moderate schedule in the home stretch (3/6 matchups against top 6 teams).

My pitching hasn't been great. Would you consider trading Franco for a package of Alcantara/Bassitt/Bryant? My keepers in 2022 would be:

1 JRamirez
    2 GStanton
    3 ARiley
    4 SAlcantara
    9 SBaz (?)
    10 IParedes/Mikolas/TAnderson/JhDuran (?)
    20 NMarte
    21 JaDuran
    22 FTatis
    Last edited by virgonomic; 07-19-2022, 10:12 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I'll be the guy to go out on a limb.

Wander Franco is vastly overrated in fantasy. He's treated like a Trea Turner starter kit but he's never shown the interest in stealing bases.

I completely understand that succeeding at the mlb level at his age is a great sign for a long, successful career. I think he's an invaluable real baseball asset, but for fantasy? He doesn't really steal, he doesn't hit a ton of HR. He's undoubtedly a GOOD asset for fantasy but he's not the future 1.01 that he's been talked up as. Overrated, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Wander Franco is vastly overrated in fantasy. He's treated like a Trea Turner starter kit but he's never shown the interest in stealing bases.

I completely understand that succeeding at the mlb level at his age is a great sign for a long, successful career. I think he's an invaluable real baseball asset, but for fantasy? He doesn't really steal, he doesn't hit a ton of HR. He's undoubtedly a GOOD asset for fantasy but he's not the future 1.01 that he's been talked up as. Overrated, sorry.
      I agree. I could see him blossoming to top tier in a points league, where his overall hitting ability could play up eventually, but Ken is right--given his lack of steals and hrs, he is overrated for roto. I'd move him if you are fairly confident that move puts you in the money. I know most will say avoid keeping a pitcher with so few keeper spots, but Sandy is one heck of a pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Teams are asking about Tatis/Franco (keep up to 4 forever backfilled from round 22). I'm in 7th (top 6 make the playoffs) with a moderate schedule in the home stretch (3/6 matchups against top 6 teams).

My pitching hasn't been great. Would you consider trading Franco for a package of Alcantara/Webb/Bryant? My keepers in 2022 would be:

1 JRamirez
        2 GStanton
        3 ARiley
        4 SAlcantara
        9 SBaz (?)
        10 IParedes/Mikolas/TAnderson/JhDuran (?)
        20 NMarte
        21 JaDuran
        22 FTatis
        Only if u think the trade is likely to give you a good shot at a champion ship. Not worth trading just to make the playoffs
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Agree.

I would not move that package for Franco.

Comment

Thanks to those who chimed in so far. Webb has been downgraded to Bassitt. I still think it helps me enough to do it. In the past I've moved prospects Moncada, Giolito and Belanger and looking back I have 0 regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Thanks to those who chimed in so far. Webb has been downgraded to Bassitt. I still think it helps me enough to do it. In the past I've moved prospects Moncada, Giolito and Belanger and looking back I have 0 regrets.
              I think you can do better, Wander still has premium value for at least another season. Don't do it to finish 4th, do it on the off-season to build a real contender.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I think you can do better, Wander still has premium value for at least another season. Don't do it to finish 4th, do it on the off-season to build a real contender.
                The opportunities to improve in the offseason are limited. Few teams move late-round keepers unless it's a swap. My top 4 would be set and difficult to improve.

It's 14 teams, 5x5 with S+H. I'm in 7th, 11.5 out of second. Top 6 make the playoffs, 1/2 get a bye, 3v6 and 4v5.
                I won't catch the leader but 2nd is definitely attainable. No other potential dumper can offer a package this good.

My team post-trade would be:
                H Alfaro Riley Paredes JRamirez Estrada Stanton Hicks Duran Bryant
                B Rosario Merrifield NMarte
                IL Perez Tatis
                SP Alcantara Kershaw Mikolas Bassitt Urquidy TAnderson
                RP Bard JhDuran Seranthony SBarlow
                IL Baz Bender

Comment

I pulled the trigger as I have an extended matchup with the 1st place team starting Thu.

Give: Wander/Ozuna/8th round pick
                  Get: Bryant/Alcantara/Bassitt/SBarlow/11th round pick/6 adds

We have 35 adds per season and I've used 25 to cover injuries, speculate on S+H and upgrade.

Comment

Alcantara is really something. And Bryant should help too. I don’t hate it!

Comment

Wander was traded in one of my leagues last night.

Wander Franco (20X - i.e. 2 more years on the contract after this year)
                      1st round reserve pick

for

Byron Buxton (25 B - 1 more year left or extend)
                      DJ LeMahieu (final year)
                      Tommy Edman (final year)
                      13th round pick

Feels like an overpay for a $20 Wander. I think I'd rather have the $25 Buxton next year.

Comment

Wander was traded in one of my leagues last night.
                        Thanks for adding this for reference. I think it's reasonable given the risks of both players; Buxton is not running or hitting (ther than bombs) this year - his days of running might be done.

Comment

Working...
                        X