Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time you intentionally listened to an Elvis song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the last time you intentionally listened to an Elvis song?

My wife is still a big fan. She just played two songs in the kitchen. I think the upcoming movie might have instigated it (I will go see it with her).

I haven't done so for many years.

How about you?

It would be very nice if a Mod. could change listed to listened in the heading. Thank you.
    Last edited by Gregg; 06-30-2022, 12:52 PM.

I like Elvis and have a lot of his songs in my main playlist. My faves are Burning Love, Suspicious Minds, My Boy & Moody Blue among others.

My mom loves Elvis more than anyone I have ever known. In fact, she's so "protective" of Elvis that she doesn't want to see the movie because the actor, Austin Butler, "looks nothing like Elvis" and she'll be "nauseous watching it" lol.

Comment

I've got the Elvis serius station programmed in my car. I don't stop on it often, but do stop for the "hits".

Man, my wife bought a new car a year ago and the satellite radio in it has a function where it "records" radio and you can skip back to the start of a song or a previous song so long as the radio is on. It doesn't even need to be the station you were listening to. It keeps track of all of it? It also has a setting where as you flip stations it starts you at the beginning of whatever song is currently playing on that station rather than what is live. It's a nice car, but the radio is the only thing I really am wowed by in it. Kids these days and their technology!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I don't have much fondness for Elvis, but I do love the song "Love Me Tender" for its significance to the David Lynch movie Wild At Heart.

I'd be more interested in a movie about Elvis' manager than Elvis. I didn't like the '79 TV movie starring Kurt Russell, directed by John Carpenter. But the manager's story is super crazy. It's widely thought that he murdered someone before immigrating to America. He was the reason Elvis did endless bad movies instead of touring, and he took an outrageous cut of Elvis' money, i believe 25%. Total piece of garbage, which makes it weird that he's played by Tom Hanks in this new movie.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I listen to this remixed version of "Such a Night" every now and then:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I also listen to this one:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X