No announcement yet.

Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fossil Newt Gingrich said yesterday that Walker deserves to be in the Senate for "his deep commitment to Christ." Let's all remember that his challenger, the incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock, is an actual REVEREND.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Fossil Newt Gingrich said yesterday that Walker deserves to be in the Senate for "his deep commitment to Christ." Let's all remember that his challenger, the incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock, is an actual REVEREND.
      So is Joel Osteen.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        This guy is one of the worst humans I’ve ever heard of. Im sure he paid for it right after beating the shit out of her
        Walker clarified his stance today. Now it all makes sense.

“No, what I said — I was talking about something totally different than what did happen,” Walker explained. “I said, when I, with my ex-wife, in my past, had nothing to do with what this woman said. I said this, this here abortion thing is false, it’s a lie. And that’s what I said. I said anything happened with my ex-wife or what Christian was talking about — I don’t know, but as I said, if anything happened I have nothing to be ashamed of. My ex-wife and I have been the best of friends with her husband and my wife. So that’s the things I’ve said. And I said nothing about if it did happen. Because I said that’s a lie.”

Comment

It's hard to believe that there are still people who are going to vote for this woman.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            While there are some cases of this, this sword has cut both ways in some pretty high profile races. Fetterman, for example, has been ducking Mehmet Oz in the Pennsylvania Senate race, and if he's well enough to campaign, one would think he's well enough to debate a lightweight like Oz.
            Well, I was wrong. Fetterman is neither well nor was he remotely ready for a debate.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Well, I was wrong. Fetterman is neither well nor was he remotely ready for a debate.
              I didn't see it, but this is not that surprising. It's not like a stroke is having the sniffles - that's some serious shit to instantly jump into a campaign. My mother in law could barely speak after her stroke until she died. Mostly just one word responses for two months until she ultimately passed. That's not to say stroke victims can't recover, but that's a quick turnaround.

I'm not familiar, but what would the rules have been for replacing him as the candidate? Is it doable under PA law? It's obviously too late to do it now, but would it have been feasible to do so? If it is doable, it seems to me that the Dems screwed the pooch if they could have replaced him as a candidate but failed to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I didn't see it, but this is not that surprising. .
                I agree. I wasn't surprised that you didn't see the debate.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I didn't see it, but this is not that surprising. It's not like a stroke is having the sniffles - that's some serious shit to instantly jump into a campaign. My mother in law could barely speak after her stroke until she died. Mostly just one word responses for two months until she ultimately passed. That's not to say stroke victims can't recover, but that's a quick turnaround.

I'm not familiar, but what would the rules have been for replacing him as the candidate? Is it doable under PA law? It's obviously too late to do it now, but would it have been feasible to do so? If it is doable, it seems to me that the Dems screwed the pooch if they could have replaced him as a candidate but failed to do so.
                  I didn't see it either, but while it sounds like, from reporting, it was jarring in terms of his restricted communication skills, my understanding is that his underlying mental capacity is undiminished from the stroke. Given how well liked he is, and the effectiveness and authenticity of his messaging, I don't know if this one bad, maybe disturbing, debate performance will be enough to make him lose. After all, our current POTUS has had some "senior moments," some going back to when he was my age, in fact. It does seem like it was a bad idea for Fetterman to participate in that debate. Now his team needs to go strong on messaging that he is improving rapidly and the prognosis is that he will continue to improve.

Comment

Man it is so depressing seeing all the politcal ads....nothing about what the candidate will do to make things better, just non stop attacks on "the enemy"
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Man it is so depressing seeing all the politcal ads....nothing about what the candidate will do to make things better, just non stop attacks on "the enemy"
                      Yeah, it is depressing that the data must show that is the most effective way to spend ad dollars. It does not speak well for the American public. Our entire political system is flawed. Massive reforms are needed, but they will not happen. It is particularly sad if you live in a red area and see the blue candidate bend themselves into a pretzel to show they are really a centrist. In my area, the entire strategy is to paint Riley as being for "help not handcuffs" and is just like AOC, because she is too. His ads say nothing about what he will do, except that he is, in fact, for punishing criminals and not the radical the red ads say he is. The initial negative ads against him made me like him more than his defense ads. And on Riley's end, he has focused on painting the other guy as a big-city grifter, while he is a local. Nothing substantive other than "he is from the city and corrupt. I am local and not."

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Yeah, it is depressing that the data must show that is the most effective way to spend ad dollars. It does not speak well for the American public. Our entire political system is flawed. Massive reforms are needed, but they will not happen. It is particularly sad if you live in a red area and see the blue candidate bend themselves into a pretzel to show they are really a centrist. In my area, the entire strategy is to paint Riley as being for "help not handcuffs" and is just like AOC, because she is too. His ads say nothing about what he will do, except that he is, in fact, for punishing criminals and not the radical the red ads say he is. The initial negative ads against him made me like him more than his defense ads. And on Riley's end, he has focused on painting the other guy as a big-city grifter, while he is a local. Nothing substantive other than "he is from the city and corrupt. I am local and not."
                        Well I just saw an add for a politician that was about themself....but 95% or more is about the opponent's views/culpability relative to Trump, 2020 election, Abortion, Immigration, Crime, Inflation or pending WW3. It's just sad that this is what apparently influences voters. Some of the topics are relevant to be sure, but they are not treated with any kind of seriousness, just fake outrage and fearmongering emotional appeals. Oh well, just a couple more weeks....
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          I like when they run back to back and I get to hear how horrible they both are.

Tom Malinowski has a new ad where he is hitting in a batting cage. Looks like an atrocious swing. I don’t think I’ll be drafting him.

Comment

I like when they run back to back and I get to hear how horrible they both are.

Tom Malinowski has a new ad where he is hitting in a batting cage. Looks like an atrocious swing. I don’t think I’ll be drafting him.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/...hey-count/amp/
                            Wow, you aren't kidding. That swing is ... bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Wow, you aren't kidding. That swing is ... bad.
                              Maybe if he took some corporate PAC money, he could afford a hitting coach.

Comment

Maybe if he took some corporate PAC money, he could afford a hitting coach.
                                Not a bad idea, but you know the Koch brothers will pour a shit load of dark money into an add exposing the holes in his swing. And we haven't even talked about his fielding yet....
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X