No announcement yet.

Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the two elections here in PA with serious consequences. The Governor race with the PA AG Josh Shapiro vs an insurrectionist who will ban abortions on day 1, who's only concern is overturning the '24 election results for the GOP candidate, has huge implications.

lol. I'm just an old grouchy dude apparently. I just can't understand the current political situation, except I understand who is winning and who isn't. and celebrities don't make me feel better about it.
    The GOP candidate himself is just a celebrity who is where he is because he's buds with TFG. He has no business running and Fetterman will beat him handily despite the environment for Dems nationwide.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

The GOP candidate himself is just a celebrity who is where he is because he's buds with TFG. He has no business running and Fetterman will beat him handily despite the environment for Dems nationwide.
      Maybe Snooki should run against him. I hear it would be a hot mess
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Maybe Snooki should run against him. I hear it would be a hot mess
        If only they lived in the same state. Oh wait...
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It is probably going to be a masacre.

Comment

Latest 4 Generic Congress polls on RCP:

Code:
            Economist/YouGov	Republicans 40, Democrats 43	Democrats +3
            Quinnipiac	Republicans 44, Democrats 45	Democrats +1
            Politico/Morning Consult	Republicans 41, Democrats 45	Democrats +4
            CNN	Republicans 46, Democrats 46	Tie

I'm still not hopeful, but it seems like Roe v. Wade being overturned has spurred the Dem cause.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Latest 4 Generic Congress polls on RCP:

Code:
              Economist/YouGov	Republicans 40, Democrats 43	Democrats +3
              Quinnipiac	Republicans 44, Democrats 45	Democrats +1
              Politico/Morning Consult	Republicans 41, Democrats 45	Democrats +4
              CNN	Republicans 46, Democrats 46	Tie

I'm still not hopeful, but it seems like Roe v. Wade being overturned has spurred the Dem cause.
              Despite all the things the Democrats have been given that should help them I'm fairly confident they will find a way to screw it up.

Comment

The GOP takeover is far from a slam dunk in the Senate -- clowns like that quack Dr Oz and Lyin' Herschel Walker, who apparently has taken too many hits to the noggin, are blowing their races. Psycho JD Vance is also losing to Tim Ryan, who has outraised him by 9-1.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Abortion rights was on the ballot in Kansas and pro-choice won by a staggering 59-41 margin (TFG won the state in '20 by 15 points, assuming he didn't cheat). The motivation of abortion rights drove a turnout of 940,000 Kansans, which is remarkable for that state in a non-general election, which in 2018 was about 1.05m. Primary and referendum elections usually get a fraction of the turnout of a mid-term.

Abortion rights are now a major lightning rod for Dems, especially in states where governors could overturn the state's abortion rights (in PA for example), and this doesn't bode well for the GOP in what should be a walkover in November.

538.com now gives Dems a 58% likelihood of keeping the Senate. Last month it was as high as 60% for the GOP.

Comment

August 3rd, and still, Dems outpolling Reps in multiple polls:

Code:
                      2022 Generic Congressional Vote	Economist/YouGov	Republicans 39, Democrats 44	Democrats +5
                      2022 Generic Congressional Vote	InsiderAdvantage	Republicans 45, Democrats 44	Republicans +1
                      2022 Generic Congressional Vote	Politico/Morning Consult	Republicans 43, Democrats 45	Democrats +2
                      2022 Generic Congressional Vote	Monmouth	Republicans 46, Democrats 49	Democrats +3

Comment

Thousands of migrants are being sent by bus from Texas to Washington DC and New York this year at the direction of Texas Governor Greg Abbott, in an effort to highlight his criticism of the Biden administration’s immigration policies.

“Before we began busing migrants to New York, it was just Texas and Arizona that bore the brunt of all the chaos and problems that come with it,” the governor said in a statement this week. “Now, the rest of America can understand exactly what is going on.”

Abbott said Friday the state had sent more than 7,000 migrants by bus to Washington since April and more than 900 migrants to New York City since August 5.

New York City officials said last week intake centers were already overwhelmed, and although they planned to open more emergency housing this month, they faced problems stemming from a lack of coordination from the state of Texas.

“They’ve essentially weaponized this situation,” Manuel Castro, commissioner of the mayor’s immigrant affairs office, said in a recent city council hearing. “We’ve learned that the bus company that they’ve been working with has a nondisclosure agreement that does not allow them to communicate with the city of New York.”
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

All a moot point once Trump is reinstated as president per his demands.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Mary Peltola, a Democrat, defeated former governor and VP candidate Sarah Palin in Alaska's special election for the late Rep. Don Young's vacant seat, a stunning upset for the seat that was in Republican hands for 50 years.

Meanwhile, generic Congressional polls continue to show Dems consistently ahead. Dems have outperformed, sometimes wildly, in the 5 special elections held since the Dobbs decision:

Code:
                            2022 Generic Congressional Vote	Economist/YouGov	Republicans 38, Democrats 46	Democrats +8
                            2022 Generic Congressional Vote	Quinnipiac	Republicans 43, Democrats 47	Democrats +4
                            2022 Generic Congressional Vote	Politico/Morning Consult	Republicans 42, Democrats 47	Democrats +5
                            In a year where Republicans should be romping over the Dems due to historical midterm bias, high inflation, a bad stock market, and low approval numbers for Pres. Biden, instead the partisan Dobbs decision, poor Trumpy candidates insistent on carrying on his Big Lie, and the orange turd's traitorous troubles are doing in the "Grand Ol Party."

Comment

Authorities in Michigan are investigating how a Dominion voting machine from the state wound up for sale on eBay last month for $1,200.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X