Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    His recent call to wipe his behind with the constitution has further emboldened GOPers to speak out, but still not enough. These results really should empower them to break hard from Trump. Let's hope so.

I'm hopeful that Trump will run as a 3rd party candidate in 2024...sink the GOP for another 4 years.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I'm hopeful that Trump will run as a 3rd party candidate in 2024...sink the GOP for another 4 years.

I doubt his ego could take the hit, as I'm sure most of his base would leave him if he does this, but it sure would be fun to watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I doubt his ego could take the hit, as I'm sure most of his base would leave him if he does this, but it sure would be fun to watch!

I'm not sure his ego could take the hit of being on the sidelines, irrelevant to the party he commanded for 6 years.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I'm not sure his ego could take the hit of being on the sidelines, irrelevant to the party he commanded for 6 years.
          Seriously... could you see him stumping for DeSantis? No way in hell that happens.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Seriously... could you see him stumping for DeSantis? No way in hell that happens.

Agreed, he'll never activially support another GOP presidential candidate who didn't bow down to him and seek his blessing. That's why I can see him going 3rd party, a scorched Earth on the GOP. The old, if I can't have it, nobody can!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Now that her obstruction powers have been diminished by Warnock's victory, Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema is leaving the Democratic party and registering as a political independent.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Now that her obstruction powers have been diminished by Warnock's victory, Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema is leaving the Democratic party and registering as a political independent.
                Not that her votes in the Senate will change much, but it's still pretty ridiculous. She ran under the Democrat brand, she was elected by Democratic voters, she used Democratic PAC money, and now she's turning her back on all of that? That's a big slap in the face. If she wants to become an Independent, then she should've waited until her term ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Not that her votes in the Senate will change much, but it's still pretty ridiculous. She ran under the Democrat brand, she was elected by Democratic voters, she used Democratic PAC money, and now she's turning her back on all of that? That's a big slap in the face. If she wants to become an Independent, then she should've waited until her term ended.
                  Politicians gonna Politish

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Arizona Dems are furious...it's almost assured that she'll be a one termer and end up as a Fox news talking head representing the "middle ground" point of view in panels. She's become a total clown show...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• George Santos, the congressman-elect from NY's 3rd District, was exposed as a complete and total fraud last week by the NY Times, claiming among other things:
                        - he was a "proud American Jew." He's not Jewish, nor was anyone in his family. Then he claimed he said he was not "Jewish" but was "Jew-ish," whatever that means. Yet he sent campaign promotion materials to pro-Israel groups stating that he was indeed a "proud American Jew" and McCarthy even said, after he was elected, that he would be the "3rd Jewish Republican member of Congress."
                        - he claimed his grandparents survived the Holocaust and then fled Ukraine. There is no record of them surviving the Holocaust nor living in Ukraine.
                        - he claimed to hold a B.A. from Baruch College and an MBA from NYU, but he neither has any degree nor ever actually attended either school. In fact, he is a high school dropout who has a GED.
                        - he claimed to work for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, but neither firm has any record of him ever being employed there
                        - he claimed that his wealthy family owned 13 rental properties in the US and Brazil, yet there is no record of them owning even one.
                        -he claimed to own "mansions" in Oyster Bay Cove and Dune Road in the Hamptons, but does not own any property
                        - he claimed to have founded a charity for rescue animals called "Friends of Pets United," and held a fundraising event for a NJ pet rescue group in 2017, yet there is no IRS record of such a charity and the NJ group's organizer never received any money from the fundraiser
                        - he claimed that he was the sole owner and founder of a company called "The Devolder Organization," which supposedly managed "$80m in assets," and campaign paperwork filed shows that it was a Florida LLC, yet he lived in NYS. The company was dissolved in 2022 for failing to file annual reports, and he did then file to re-register it on 12/23, the day after the NY Times article ran
                        - he claimed "four employees of his" were killed in the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, but none of the victims appear to have had any connection to him or his company. He then clarified that they "weren't employees," but "were going to be employees."
                        - he claimed his mother was one of the "first senior executives" for an unnamed major financial firm and was "in 1 WTC" on 9/11, but his mother appears to be a home health care nurse who never worked in the financial sector nor evet worked in 1 WTC.
                        - he claims to be a proud openly gay man and " have never had an issue with my sexual identity in the past decade", yet was married to a woman who he divorced in 2019.
                        - he claimed that in January 2021, after returning from Mar a Lago, his apartment in Whitestone, Queens had "eggs and stones" thrown at it and required him to "spend several hours on the phone with police and insurers," yet his landlord, who occupied the lower unit, has no record of this whatsoever.

There's probably more, a lot more. His net worth increased from nothing to over $10m in 2 years, and he actually did work for a company that was involved in a ponzi scheme.

It's notable that:
                        1 - most Republican congressmen, including McCarthy, have been largely silent on this; and,
                        2 - many senior Republicans knew about these "inconsistencies" because he had run for office in '20 but lost, yet decided that they pretty much didn't care and "would let the voters decide." That said, none of these inconsistencies were ever relayed to voters.

There's only one mechanism to forcibly boot him from office, a vote where 2/3rds of Congress needs to vote him out, but given it will soon be a Republican-led Congress, that seems unlikely. Thus, the only real way is to get him to resign, which, if you've watched the interview he had with Tulsi Gabbard last night, where he was in total denial and combative, also seems unlikely.

While lying to potential voters is not a crime, it is increasingly likely that he may have committed one somewhere along the way, such as wire fraud.

Let's see how this story develops.....

Comment

• "Honest" George is still getting lots of support from the GOP. If the GOP was smart they would just disown him and move on. It would show republican voters that their party has some integrity. But they can't even do that and that is why their party continues to circle the drain. Come election time, every politician who supported this guy will be dragged down just like the GOP election deniers were brought down in 2022.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tulsi Gabbard destroys George Santos during interview. Fox News will probably fire her now for reporting the truth.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X