Bellinger and Paredes vs Happ and Estrada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellinger and Paredes vs Happ and Estrada

I have Bellinger and Paredes. I've been offered Happ and Estrada. It started with my offering Bellinger for Happ. Part of me thinks I'm crazy for holding up a deal because of a guy I didn't think much of just a week ago, but boy, what a week. Should I do this deal or hold off?

Contracts are in play. Both Bellinger and Happ are locked in, with Happ costing $6 less than Bellinger next year, and Bellinger also locked up for another year after that. Both Estrada and Paredes are $5 and would be next year.

Hmmmm…….Happ has been so much better than Belly. OBP or BA?

Comment

I'd do it. Estrada has a longer track record and gives you a bit of everything. Paredes could cool off and/or get sent down when the Rays get healthy. Yes, he hit 3 HR in a game, but we've seen it before and those guys usually fizzle out.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Hmmmm…….Happ has been so much better than Belly. OBP or BA?
        Pts league. Happ has outscored Bellinger 229 to 195.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I'd do it. Estrada has a longer track record and gives you a bit of everything. Paredes could cool off and/or get sent down when the Rays get healthy. Yes, he hit 3 HR in a game, but we've seen it before and those guys usually fizzle out.
          Yeah, Estrada has been pretty solid so far. I accepted the offer. I paid up big for Bellinger last year and he was a huge disappointment. My fear is that he suddenly figures it out, but I have given him nearly a full year at this point. Also, Paredes actually has a low BABIP, so I think there is room for him to grow there. If it was just the 3 hr game, but he was in full beast mode for the last week, and his contact rate plus pull happy turn suggests he could keep hitting taters. But I still did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Yeah, Estrada has been pretty solid so far. I accepted the offer. I paid up big for Bellinger last year and he was a huge disappointment. My fear is that he suddenly figures it out, but I have given him nearly a full year at this point. Also, Paredes actually has a low BABIP, so I think there is room for him to grow there. If it was just the 3 hr game, but he was in full beast mode for the last week, and his contact rate plus pull happy turn suggests he could keep hitting taters. But I still did it.
            I wouldn't worry about it. Since the start of the 2020 season, Bellinger has hit .200/.276/.371.

Comment

Pts league. Happ has outscored Bellinger 229 to 195.
              So Happ is outperforming Bellinger in your league and is $6 cheaper. Why did you think the other owner would be interested in this straight up (original offer)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                So Happ is outperforming Bellinger in your league and is $6 cheaper. Why did you think the other owner would be interested in this straight up (original offer)?
                Because of Bellinger's past, his extra year, and the fact that owner has tried to buy low on him all year. He actually offered when he acquired him a couple of months ago and I passed, hoping Bellinger would come around.

Comment

Because of Bellinger's past, his extra year, and the fact that owner has tried to buy low on him all year. He actually offered when he acquired him a couple of months ago and I passed, hoping Bellinger would come around.
                  Makes sense. Thanks for responding. I like stories like this.

In our NL only the 2nd place guy is offering up 13A Happ for "help" this year. Translation very good X contract.

As a Cubs fan and a sometimes Happ owner, my experience has been he is streaky very streaky. I am thinking I can do better than Happ with my X contract superstar. I was surprised that Happ is doing better than I thought. Projected numbers make it seem like he might be a decent keeper. Just don't know if I want to put myself through that.

Comment

In our NL only the 2nd place guy is offering up 13A Happ for "help" this year. Translation very good X contract.

As a Cubs fan and a sometimes Happ owner, my experience has been he is streaky very streaky. I am thinking I can do better than Happ with my X contract superstar. I was surprised that Happ is doing better than I thought. Projected numbers make it seem like he might be a decent keeper. Just don't know if I want to put myself through that.
                    I hear ya. I had Happ two years ago and then last year, I ended up dumping him right before he turned things around. Baseball is an interesting game, because the skill level is so high, just a little thing can turn you from stud to dud. You never see a healthy basketball star spend half a year being 1/4 the player he was the year before, but it happens all the time in baseball. The extreme streakiness of guys like Happ are maddening.

Comment

I would wait until after the trade deadline to make sure Happ stays in the NL.

I've been a long time fan of Happ, es0ecially in OBP format.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                      X