Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freddy Peralta for Pablo Lopez

Freddy Peralta for Pablo Lopez

I've been waiting for Freddy and got impatient. I swapped him for Lopez to a Brewers fan in my league (who is also out of the running in last place). I thought it was a fair swap--Lopez is a couple of bucks more expensive and has one year left and Freddy will have to be extended (and will be) by the Brewers fan, which will make him more than Lopez next year. He will end up having another year of control, assuming he extended to two years, but Pablo is healthy now. A couple of league mates said I got impatient and gave up the better ceiling, buying high on Pablo, who gets hurt often himself.

What does the pen say? Did I buy high or did I get a fair deal all things considered. Pablo has two starts next week, which didn't hurt my desire to get something done. I finally have Woodruff and Scherzer coming back, and got bored of waiting on Peralta and his unclear timeline.

You traded one shoulder problem for another shoulder problem, but at least the shoulder you got hasnt broken yet, and Lopez is killing it. I dont see any problem with it, but I would milk it for all its worth and maybe trade Lopez in the offseason if he makes it thru the year.

If you need Lopez now to win, it's perfectly fine.

Journeyman
    All things considered, I like it for you. You gain production and lose headaches. Good luck.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I'd probably take the Peralta side which, given the other responses, means that it's a pretty fair deal. Pauly's right that Lopez has been killing it. Ride that dude hard, Iceman.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    I'm biased because I have Lopez. I worry though every outing he pitches but for now everything is good. Peralta might be out another month so if Lopez stays heathy he should provide.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I'm biased because I have Lopez. I worry though every outing he pitches but for now everything is good. Peralta might be out another month so if Lopez stays heathy he should provide.
    I was worried he may be out even longer. I read he has only had one month in his career over 30 IP. He is young, and hasn't pitched in the majors for long, and has all the upside in the world, but I'm not sure he is any more durable than Lopez at this point. The nightmare scenario is Peralta comes back and pitches great and Lopez goes out. But yeah, my offense has been great, and my pitching has been a huge disappointment. I hope I can ride Lopez and pick up some ground, as I have a championship offensive. I felt my pitching was a championship staff too, but Snell has been horrible, and my guys keep getting hurt. Getting Mad Max and Woodruff back, and adding Lopez, I am hoping, gives me a big boost.

I have been offered Degrom for Lopez from a fellow contender. No idea when Degrom comes back, so he seems like another Peralta without the keeper value, except he is Degrom and could be the best pitcher in baseball when/if he gets back. Is it worth trying to extract more, or should I stay with the currently healthy Lopez with his two start week next week?

I can also get Gonsolin, but he seems more likely to regress than Lopez, right? The time between his starts hurts, as it takes away two start weeks, but his ratios have been crazy good. Seems like that have to regress pretty hard and fast, though. Same for Eric Lauer, who he is also offering.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-23-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I have been offered Degrom for Lopez from a fellow contender. No idea when Degrom comes back, so he seems like another Peralta without the keeper value, except he is Degrom and could be the best pitcher in baseball when/if he gets back. Is it worth trying to extract more, or should I stay with the currently healthy Lopez with his two start week next week?

I can also get Gonsolin, but he seems more likely to regress than Lopez, right? The time between his starts hurts, as it takes away two start weeks, but his ratios have been crazy good. Seems like that have to regress pretty hard and fast, though. Same for Eric Lauer, who he is also offering.
    The Degrom offer should tell you how good Lopez has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    The Degrom offer should tell you how good Lopez has been.
    He is on the fence, already getting cold feet on offering Degrom....it is really tight this year, and I think we are both debating future vs the need for stats now. He and eye are neck and neck, so we are both factoring in the hurt we take in this deal now vs the potential gain later. Plus, he is a huge Marlins fan, which is why I am engaging.