Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spencer Strider - A Little Love

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Knee Jerk reaction I have a tendency to think like what Pauly wrote. Strider seems a little high, but I would have him at 2 more years (without raises). If he continues like he is going now that would be a bargain.
    I will have to do a deeper dive on pitching. At first blush not much there. Verlander at buck is currently the best. Also not the kind I want to chase for a rebuild.
    Am I crazy? I thought you said this was NL only. But if you are considering trading an expiring guy like Mookie, you better be getting the best keeper pitcher in the league price+longevity. I doubt that's strider, but I guess it's possible. A mixed eample would be McLanahan or Manoah, both of whom would be likely cheap and long-term keepable. In an NL, not as clear, but Sandy or maybe you have to go down to a Hunter Greene type.

In ANY CASE, you should be getting a massive haul for Betts!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Am I crazy? I thought you said this was NL only. But if you are considering trading an expiring guy like Mookie, you better be getting the best keeper pitcher in the league price+longevity. I doubt that's strider, but I guess it's possible. A mixed eample would be McLanahan or Manoah, both of whom would be likely cheap and long-term keepable. In an NL, not as clear, but Sandy or maybe you have to go down to a Hunter Greene type.

It is NL only I have no idea why I typed Verlander (fixed to Kyle Wright 5a). Not a clear cut winner.

McClanahan in our AL league is 10B so he needs a raise after this year. He is on the first place team as well. That owner wanted Ohtani and done straight up for him. I told him no.

One of our other issues is that prospects cannot be traded until after the All Star break. So there can be no sweetner in early deals. But we can get a bit main player if we do it early.

If all of you who were kind enough to respond said by all means go get Strider. I would go against my thoughts and give it a shot. Left to my own self I would not make that deal. But hey it is fun to chat baseball right?

I love Strider and started this thread. But Gregg, you go Wright 5A all day over $15 Strider. Wright was a top draft pick who is figuring it all out now. Strider is out of nowhere and costs more. It’s not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I love Strider and started this thread. But Gregg, you go Wright 5A all day over $15 Strider. Wright was a top draft pick who is figuring it all out now. Strider is out of nowhere and costs more. It’s not even close.
    I'd personally take Strider $15 over Wright $5. But I'm probably an outlier here.

The >10% difference in K% does it for me. That's an exponential curve upwards in my opinion, not flat.

McClanahan in our AL league is 10B so he needs a raise after this year. He is on the first place team as well. That owner wanted Ohtani and done straight up for him. I told him no.
    You are rebuilding? A $10 McClanahan is a huge piece. I would have done that deal.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    You are rebuilding? A $10 McClanahan is a huge piece. I would have done that deal.
    I am rebuilding in that league.

Would you McClanahan out next year or give him a raise? how many years? I would be prone to one year making him $15 for the next two years.
    Last edited by Gregg; 06-17-2022 at 12:19 PM.

I am in that league.

Would you McClanahan out next year or give him a raise? how many years? I would be prone to one year making him $15 for the next two years.
    Samesies

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post

And just like that without prompting the Strider owner reached out to me and asked if I had interest. I said yes and asked what he needed. He said that he was going to post him on the block page. Let the bidding begin.

Hall of Famer
    And just like that without prompting the Strider owner reached out to me and asked if I had interest. I said yes and asked what he needed. He said that he was going to post him on the block page. Let the bidding begin.
    So far I am way off.

Unless I am in dump mode I will not be able to afford Strider.

So far I am way off.

Unless I am in dump mode I will not be able to afford Strider.
    Wait I thought you were dumping Betts