Trevor Rogers - time to drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Rogers - time to drop?

Trevor Rogers has been as awful this year as he was awesome last year. I keep hoping the Marlins send him down, but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. I have him at $6 in an NL only 5x5 but am thinking I may need to drop him now. I’m in first and he’s killing me. Any thoughts or suggestions? No bench.

Who replaces him? I would after his performance tonight. His ERA is almost 6.

Comment

Any warm body. Probably a reliever.

Comment

Man, I'm glad I am not in a no bench league. That makes for some really tough calls like this. I assume you have a deep IL at least? I'm out Scherzer, Woodruff, Peralta, so without an IL and bench, I'd be toast. But in your spot, I think if you have anyone viable to pick up to replace him, you kinda have to at this point, right, although, I would try to shop him to any team looking toward next year first. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get something for him, at least as a flyer from a team not contending.

I loved Rogers last year. He looked so mature given his age. His had an impressive mastery of his pitches and new how to use them well. I think he can, eventually, get back to something close to that, but he sure does not look close right now. I guess the real question is, would you regret it if he starts pitching better in 6 weeks, even if during those 6 weeks, you have had better stats in the line up? What will the stat difference do for you? Are you contending? If so, I think you have to try to replace him, but I'd shop him first.

Comment

What’s the rationale behind a no bench league? Seems like it removes some strategy with added angst and no real benefit

Comment

Thanks masher. Yes I’m in first now (by a healthy margin). No bench but unlimited IL.

I could shop him but doubt I can get much (we have a cap system too, which complicates matters). So it’s really whether to cut him or not. I wish MIA would send him down…

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              What’s the rationale behind a no bench league? Seems like it removes some strategy with added angst and no real benefit
              Yeah, I would not prefer such a set up, but I wonder if the rationale is to increase the WW talent pool, which presents a different set of strategic decisions. I don't know the set up, but I could see going more stars and scrubs than is typically wise in an only league, with the intention of streaming more. It would seem to devalue the streaky guys and bump up consistent guys. I could see enjoying exploiting a no bench rule change if it was new for awhile, but I imagine in an established league, everyone knows all the angles, and then it just wouldn't be as fun for me as swapping guys out based on hot/cold home/road, day/night, lefty/right etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Trevor Rogers has been as awful this year as he was awesome last year. I keep hoping the Marlins send him down, but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. I have him at $6 in an NL only 5x5 but am thinking I may need to drop him now. I’m in first and he’s killing me. Any thoughts or suggestions? No bench.
                I do have a bench but it's a pretty shallow league. I thought I had one hell of a $5 keeper for this year and next. Now I just have some scrub who either fucks up my ratios or takes up 20% of my bench. I guess I have to cut bait, too, at some point but I'm holding out hope for a miracle because I apparently like the abuse. I just don't get it - what happened, Mr. Rogers?!?!?!?!
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I do have a bench but it's a pretty shallow league. I thought I had one hell of a $5 keeper for this year and next. Now I just have some scrub who either fucks up my ratios or takes up 20% of my bench. I guess I have to cut bait, too, at some point but I'm holding out hope for a miracle because I apparently like the abuse. I just don't get it - what happened, Mr. Rogers?!?!?!?!
                  His BB, HR are up. K are down. Velo slightly up. His FIP is 5.22. What is weird is he has an ERA 8.85 at home and a ERA 4.05 away. Only seen him pitch once against the Nats and he pitched well.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    His BB, HR are up. K are down. Velo slightly up. His FIP is 5.22. What is weird is he has an ERA 8.85 at home and a ERA 4.05 away. Only seen him pitch once against the Nats and he pitched well.
                    Agree, Velo isn't the problem.

His problem has been command and he may be tipping pitches. At this point everything seems correctable, and there's big upside. Hope he returns to form.

Comment

Apparently can’t locate his changeup, so hitters are sitting on his fastball.

Comment

Working...
                      X