I got Mondesi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Mondesi

I looking over AL players to FAAB and saw that Mondesi was dropped and available. I put in a $5 bid totally expected not to get him but won the bid. In fact there was no other bids on him. I read that his recovery would take 6-9 months and have no problem stashing him as we have a 17-player reserve roster. Did I miss something?

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    I looking over AL players to FAAB and saw that Mondesi was dropped and available. I put in a $5 bid totally expected not to get him but won the bid. In fact there was no other bids on him. I read that his recovery would take 6-9 months and have no problem stashing him as we have a 17-player reserve roster. Did I miss something?
    You will make as much profit as I will for this year which is 0. You paid only $5 for that 0 while I paid $33. I would love to have him as a keeper next year at $5. I will throw him back. He will still go for low 20's in our only league.

He has not proven that he can stay healthy enough to make his auction prices worth it. He doesn't have to do much to make you profit next year. I think this is a fantastic get for you. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      You will make as much profit as I will for this year which is 0. You paid only $5 for that 0 while I paid $33. I would love to have him as a keeper next year at $5. I will throw him back. He will still go for low 20's in our only league.

He has not proven that he can stay healthy enough to make his auction prices worth it. He doesn't have to do much to make you profit next year. I think this is a fantastic get for you. Congrats!
      I would not love to have him for next year at $5. I'd be wasting another $5 again just like I wasted $14 this year. He was terrrrrrible before he got hurt. No sign of returning to his previous form.

Done with him. Waste of $5 in my opinion.

Comment

Well, two opposite opinions. My team is going nowhere so not much risk in picking him up and sitting him.

Comment

I like this move. What did it cost you, a few FAAB bucks and if he's not hitting in spring training then don't keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I like this move. What did it cost you, a few FAAB bucks and if he's not hitting in spring training then don't keep him.
            That's fair, it could be a good move. I just personally rejection the notion that anyone should "love" to have him. He's one of the guys I've hated having the most over the last couple years and I don't really know why he'll become less fragile going forward.

But lotto ticket? Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              That's fair, it could be a good move. I just personally rejection the notion that anyone should "love" to have him. He's one of the guys I've hated having the most over the last couple years and I don't really know why he'll become less fragile going forward.

But lotto ticket? Sure.
              Well some people love to play the lotto ticket.

This from Sept.2019:

Despite being limited to just 102 games due to health issues, Mondesi wraps up a banner campaign with nine home runs, 62 RBI, 58 runs and 43 stolen bases to go with a .263/.291/.424 slash line.

I would love to have that for 5 bucks. Heck I would take half of that and love it. 51 games 31 rbi, 29 runs 21 sbs for 5 bucks! Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Well some people love to play the lotto ticket.

This from Sept.2019:

Despite being limited to just 102 games due to health issues, Mondesi wraps up a banner campaign with nine home runs, 62 RBI, 58 runs and 43 stolen bases to go with a .263/.291/.424 slash line.

I would love to have that for 5 bucks. Heck I would take half of that and love it. 51 games 31 rbi, 29 runs 21 sbs for 5 bucks! Yes please.
                He doesn’t give you half that anymore though and quoting 3 years ago isn’t useful he isn’t that player anymore.

Do you expect value out of Strasburg because of his 2019 season?

Comment

Working...
                X