Bobby Witt Jr and Jeremy Peņa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Witt Jr and Jeremy Peņa

Bobby Witt Jr and Jeremy Pena. How far apart are these guys?

I have Peņa $7 in AL 5x5. A friend has Witt at $8. Both are year one.

Pena
    8 HR
    25 RBI
    23 R
    4 SB

Witt
    29 RBI
    7 HR
    32 R
    10 SB

I have offered Peņa plus ___ (tbd) for Witt. What might it take to bridge the gap? Are you confident Witt is much better than Peņa (for 5x5)?

Isn't Pena a big defensive prospect? I don't think the two are anywhere close. Witt is a budding superstar and Pena isn't really known for his bat. Anyone who trades for Pena is likely doing so off the hot start to his MLB career.

Comment

I like both a lot but Witt is definitely the one with the much higher upside. I could see Witt in the next couple years as a 30-35 homer 20-25 steal guy. I think Pena should be 20-25 homers and 10-15 steals.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        I like both a lot but Witt is definitely the one with the much higher upside. I could see Witt in the next couple years as a 30-35 homer 20-25 steal guy. I think Pena should be 20-25 homers and 10-15 steals.
        That’s my read. So how much does it take to bridge a gap like that? A ton? A little?

Comment

I think it's way, way closer than you guys are pegging it. Maybe Witt will be #1 overall material, like those stats would suggest, but he's got a long ass way to go to get there. Edit: Batting-wise, seems like Witt hasn't yet learned to hit a MLB fastball while Pena has thrived on fastballs. Obviously the SB potential could be significant, although both are well above average runners.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Their $ earned this year is a lot closer than I'd imagined. Pena does have fewer ABs but the relative importance of SBs is crazy.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Short term it’s close. Long term it’s not close.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Short term it’s close. Long term it’s not close.
                How would Story fit in this comparison?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  How would Story fit in this comparison?
                  That's a long story

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    That's a long story
                    So you DID have those EyePAs :P
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X