Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I drop a prospect?, which one?

<p>
    This is a weekly 5x5 category H2H dynasty league, no contracts. Due to injury to Marte it looks like I am either going to have to keep him in my lineup or drop a prospect to pick up a replacement. I currently have the best record in the league, up 11 games in my division. Prospect to drop, or just keep playing Marte even if he goes on IL. Kumar Rocker (just completed his first start for the Tri-City Valleycats of the independence league. Trying to work his way back into the 1st round of 2022 draft) Zac Veen (like the upside, especially at Coors) Thomas White (probably 1st overrall in 2023. Generational talent?) Termarr Johnson (top 4 or 5 in 2022 draft) Druw Jones (top 3 in 2022 draft) Elijah Green (top 4 or 5 in 2022 draft)</p>
    Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 06-08-2022, 03:18 PM.

What are your prospect trade rules? Would you be better off to trade than drop?

Comment

<p>
      Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      What are your prospect trade rules? Would you be better off to trade than drop?
      No rules on trading. Yes, I could try and trade one between now an next Monday (lineup deadline), but If I cannot make a trade, I could just ride Marte in my lineup even if he goes on the IL. I am up big in my division and have the best overall record in the league. I could probably ride this storm out easily. However, both Wong and Trout are banged up as well. It does not matter for the rest of this week due to lineups already set. Kind of wait and see their status until Monday morning, then evaluate my overall lineup to see if I just have Marte out or more for next week matchup.</p>

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
        <p>
        No rules on trading. Yes, I could try and trade one between now an next Monday (lineup deadline), but If I cannot make a trade, I could just ride Marte in my lineup even if he goes on the IL. I am up big in my division and have the best overall record in the league. I could probably ride this storm out easily. However, both Wong and Trout are banged up as well. It does not matter for the rest of this week due to lineups already set. Kind of wait and see their status until Monday morning, then evaluate my overall lineup to see if I just have Marte out or more for next week matchup.</p>
        I can see waiting. But I would also make some calls to gauge interest. There is a lot of baseball left and leads can evaporate.

Comment

I would wait and see if Marte is going to be out the minimum and look to trade. If there is somebody to be picked up probably Rocker but that is a judgement call.

Comment

<p>
            Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I would wait and see if Marte is going to be out the minimum and look to trade. If there is somebody to be picked up probably Rocker but that is a judgement call.
            Rocker would have been my choice as well. However, I did want to see how he does for Tri-City for a few starts. I wonder if the elbow has issues. It is hard to believe the Mets would pass on him after drafting him at 10 last year unless there really is an issue. Or were they just stupid and thought they could sign him under slot, or a combination of both.</p>

Comment

Yeah I'd wait and shop and then drop Rocker if I decided I had to drop someone.

Comment

<p>
                Rocker would have been my choice as well. However, I did want to see how he does for Tri-City for a few starts. I wonder if the elbow has issues. It is hard to believe the Mets would pass on him after drafting him at 10 last year unless there really is an issue. Or were they just stupid and thought they could sign him under slot, or a combination of both.</p>
                You are in a dynasty league and Rocker may re-invent himself so a wait and see. The Mets have brand new everything and they are in 1st so not sure about their stupidity. Didn't the last regime draft Rocker? I didn't follow the non-signing of Rocker so I don't have all the facts.

Comment

<p>
                  You are in a dynasty league and Rocker may re-invent himself so a wait and see. The Mets have brand new everything and they are in 1st so not sure about their stupidity. Didn&#39;t the last regime draft Rocker? I didn&#39;t follow the non-signing of Rocker so I don&#39;t have all the facts.
                  Yes, it was the last regime. What is conflicting is that the old regime determined he has medical issues and a spearate exam, I suppose from Boras recruited doctors, said he was fine. Someone is wrong. The big issue with me right now is whether I will have to play with more than just Marte out, with Trout and Wong also dinged. I can easily absorb inserting one injured player for a few weeks.&nbsp; Again, this is a weekly H2H 5x5 category league.</p>
                  Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 06-08-2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

<p>
                    Wong went on IL. I could have played with him in the lineup anyway but decided to pick up Ezequiel Duran 2B/3B Rangers and drop Rocker.</p>

Comment

<p>
                      Wong went on IL. I could have played with him in the lineup anyway but decided to pick up Ezequiel Duran 2B/3B Rangers and drop Rocker.</p>
                      Duran is off to a strong start. Could easily become a solid keeper in his own right. Good move.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Duran is off to a strong start. Could easily become a solid keeper in his own right. Good move.
                        Definitely agree. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X