AL trade - need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL trade - need opinions

I am in 2nd place and need some pitching in my 12 team AL only league. We use QS=2+W=1 point instead of W and Saves=2+Holds=1 point instead of Saves.

the last place team has made this offer
    I give: Julio Rodriguez ($10 first year of 3 yr contract), Michel Kopech ($2 second year of 3 yr contract but can be extended for $5 per year added to contract, Ken Giles ($2 first year of contract) and my 1st round draft pick in reserve draft next yr.
    I get G Cole, R Pressley and F Valdez who are all in their last year of their contract.

I countered with J Rodriguez, my 1st round reserve pick, and either Kopech or Giles for the 3 players the last place team has offered.

What are your thoughts?

It would really, really hurt to lose J-Rod and Kopech at those contracts along with a 1st rounder. Giles is kind of a dart throw now.

Getting 2 stud starters and a stud closer helps to significantly ease the pain, and even moreso if it gets you to the promised land.

I imagine the other guy is ecstatic at the possibility of getting J-Rod and Kopech for terminating assets. I would be very surprised if he doesn't accept your counter and takes Kopech over Giles. I think you're paying a really big price; too big in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      It would really, really hurt to lose J-Rod and Kopech at those contracts along with a 1st rounder. Giles is kind of a dart throw now.

Getting 2 stud starters and a stud closer helps to significantly ease the pain, and even moreso if it gets you to the promised land.

I imagine the other guy is ecstatic at the possibility of getting J-Rod and Kopech for terminating assets. I would be very surprised if he doesn't accept your counter and takes Kopech over Giles. I think you're paying a really big price; too big in my opinion.
      I have to agree that was my first thought as well.

But if it gets the win it is worth it.

Comment

thanks for the quick replies. My first thought is that I am giving up too much with 2 very good keepers, but I am the #1 complainer in my league whenever a lopsided trade has been made. We have an increasing trend over the last 5-8 years where dumping teams have been giving up more and more in order to get a top keeper. We had one owner that always finished in the $ due to always getting 4 all stars for 1 great keeper deals and he always make these deals with the same 2-3 owners each year. That is another story, but I just hate to make these same type of deals where I have been the one that always complains about trades are what has determined the outcome of the league instead of how teams do on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          thanks for the quick replies. My first thought is that I am giving up too much with 2 very good keepers, but I am the #1 complainer in my league whenever a lopsided trade has been made. We have an increasing trend over the last 5-8 years where dumping teams have been giving up more and more in order to get a top keeper. We had one owner that always finished in the $ due to always getting 4 all stars for 1 great keeper deals and he always make these deals with the same 2-3 owners each year. That is another story, but I just hate to make these same type of deals where I have been the one that always complains about trades are what has determined the outcome of the league instead of how teams do on draft day.
          We all have differing opinions on this type of thing.

I feel exactly like you do and a few years ago left my 35 year old league as the fun of it was drained out for me by lopsided trades. I found it very frustrating and annoying that leagues were won and lost that way by the same subset of owners that played the system. I now very much enjoy the no trading rules in the NFBC 50 type leagues.

My advice to you is if the annoyance is reaching the stage where friendships are being lost then you should consider getting out like I did. I have found my love for fantasy again and the foul taste is gone.

Comment

Working...
          X