SP/RP wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP/RP wins

As play begins today, it's a 59/41 split to starters, which is back to what we've come to expect in the recent environment. That said, rather fascinated by the Yankees as 62% of their team wins have been given to a reliever despite them not using an opener this year.

The Brewer's SP win% strike me a surprisingly low.

Comment

It took the Pirates until May 9 to get their first win by a starting pitcher. They got the second one yesterday. At this rate, a Pirates pitcher with five wins could end up leading the team.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fascinating. If you look at the data, there seems a pretty strong correlation with teams’ overall W/L record. Winning teams have strong SPs (and therefore more SP wins). Losing teams have weaker SP and much lower share of wins credited to SPs. Would be good to do the actual math.

On the other hand, some good teams appear at the bottom too. I bet there is significant correlation with total payroll. That might be an interesting play in future roto drafts.

Comment

Nats have 83% SP wins but their team only has 12 wins total for the season. An anomaly to be sure Last season I had 3 Houston starters which worked out for wins. I have three Houston SP and in retrospect I could have had 4. So the moral of this story is to get pitchers from a winning organization.

Comment

Working...
          X