Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Trading Bregman for Eloy

  1. #11
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    You make some very good points.

    Sour, who's OF spot does Eloy take when he is back?
    Right now, my OFers are Tucker, Bellinger, Haniger (hurt), and three Mets--McNeil, Nimmo, and Canha. But we use three position specific OFers (and two just generic OFers), so the only LF elg guys I have are the three Mets. So, Eloy would take the place of one of them. But they would get bumped to the generic OF spots and the util spot, so really ELoy is replacing Bregman in my overall line up.

  2. #12
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    It looks like he is going in another direction anyway. He has another offer of Jesus Sanchez, Ramon Laureano and Kahil Watson. He is trying to get Seiya instead of Laureano, but that will not happen. Still, he says he looked up Gonzales and doesn't like his K rate, so he pulled his offer. For the best, it seems.

  3. #13
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Would you do it a month from now when Eloy is close to coming back, or not at all?
    Not at all. At least this season.

  4. #14
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    He has another offer of Jesus Sanchez, Ramon Laureano and Kahil Watson.
    Wow, what a fleecing.

  5. #15
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Wow, what a fleecing.
    On which side? Jesus has fallen off a cliff, Ramon has not shown anything yet, and Watson is showing some signs of promises but has a k rate over 40% so far. It doesn't seem like a lot for four years of Eloy at a good cost (we have really high inflation in this league).

  6. #16
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    And that deal fell apart and he is back trying to get Breggers and Nicky G. Maybe I can change it to Nick Gonzales and another prospect or two and keep Bregman.

  7. #17
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    On which side? Jesus has fallen off a cliff, Ramon has not shown anything yet, and Watson is showing some signs of promises but has a k rate over 40% so far. It doesn't seem like a lot for four years of Eloy at a good cost (we have really high inflation in this league).
    Rest of season projections for each of Sanchez and Laureano individually are better than Eloy.
    Throw in a guy who was going 1st overall in a lot of FYPDs in the offseason. In a tiny sample last year he walked more than he struck out. He definitely needs to control the Ks but at the same time he's hitting bombs and stealing bases. He's just 19, I think he has a very bright future.

    I don't put much future value in Eloy, he can't stay healthy. Does your league pay up for Adalberto Mondesi right now if he were on a 4 year contract? They seem similarly frail to me. Okay I'm exaggerating, but its similar. Eloy can't stay healthy. Projected talent if he were healthy is useless for me. I have no confidence that he's worth keeping at 25 the next 3 years.

  8. #18
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Rest of season projections for each of Sanchez and Laureano individually are better than Eloy.
    Throw in a guy who was going 1st overall in a lot of FYPDs in the offseason. In a tiny sample last year he walked more than he struck out. He definitely needs to control the Ks but at the same time he's hitting bombs and stealing bases. He's just 19, I think he has a very bright future.

    I don't put much future value in Eloy, he can't stay healthy. Does your league pay up for Adalberto Mondesi right now if he were on a 4 year contract? They seem similarly frail to me. Okay I'm exaggerating, but its similar. Eloy can't stay healthy. Projected talent if he were healthy is useless for me. I have no confidence that he's worth keeping at 25 the next 3 years.
    Got it. I guess I am blinded by the upside....I actually traded him to this owner when he was a rookie...I got the title, so no regrets, but I am a sucker for guys I had a traded before they blossomed. But to your point, he has had years to blossom and has not. He seems to be made of glass. And he doesn't walk, which hurts him in my league. If I had him the last couple of years and had to deal with these injuries, I am sure I'd want to get rid of him now, so why am I open to acquiring him? I don't really know. He did go two rounds earlier than Bregman in mixed Labr this year and his ADP was higher across the board. But the latest injury obviously changed that and there is no guarantee he actually comes back in June.

    I will say that it is easier to carry an injured guy in my league as we have deep benches and 4 IL spots on top of that. Plus, I have depth so I'd be rolling with a good bat either way. In an Only league, I totally get comparing ROS projections, because replacement level is so low, but isn't it different in a mixed league, when you have good replacement options?

  9. #19
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    Should I deal Bregman and Gonzales for Eloy to flip him for Sanchez, Laureano, and Watson? Apparamtly, the eloy guy axed the other deal and the watson guy would still do that deal with me if I get Eloy.

  10. #20
    MVP The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Should I deal Bregman and Gonzales for Eloy to flip him for Sanchez, Laureano, and Watson? Apparamtly, the eloy guy axed the other deal and the watson guy would still do that deal with me if I get Eloy.
    I suspect Ken still thinks its a fleecing. I'd want to see more info....but honestly Watson alone would potentially get Bregman in some leagues. So without looking too much I also think it is a great deal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •